Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any New Daily Credit Pull Monitors?

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Any New Daily Credit Pull Monitors?

@LordAthens wrote:

As I'm also looking for a daily puller, I have a question for those of you using USAA;

Is there any reason you aren't using EIDT (Eliminate ID Theft) ?  USAA is $22/mo, EIDT is $13/mo.  For another $5/mo you can add a second person to the account (ideal for my fiance and I), so for $17/mo, daily pulls on two people, still cheaper than USAA.

Since you're not getting real FICO's from anyone, I'm wondering why USAA has such a price premium.

I actually used to use USAA with daily pulls, then they changed it and I upgraded to premium with daily pulls, and then I decided to switch to EIDT.  EIDT is great, the reports are easy to read, have all the same information as USAA (in addition EIDT also shows the exact reporting date for each creditor).  And it is cheap.   You do have to do more than one login to get the reprots, but I have written a script for my computer to automatically login to EIDT and get the reports.  I would recommend it though.

EDIT:  I will say that the one negative thing about EIDT is that it can be a pain in the ass to get your account setup, especially if you are military overseas with an APO box.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 21 of 31
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@LordAthens wrote:

As I'm also looking for a daily puller, I have a question for those of you using USAA;

Is there any reason you aren't using EIDT (Eliminate ID Theft) ?  USAA is $22/mo, EIDT is $13/mo.  For another $5/mo you can add a second person to the account (ideal for my fiance and I), so for $17/mo, daily pulls on two people, still cheaper than USAA.

Since you're not getting real FICO's from anyone, I'm wondering why USAA has such a price premium.

I tried Eliminate ID Theft.  I signed up on a website that looks like it was in a junior high website class project, then I waited 2 days to get my password.  I ran my first report then for 2 days the site was down.  You also can't run it again if it's not been MORE than 24 hours, but yet they have no time clock for your reference.  I spent way too long on the phone trying to find a tech support person or cust service person that knew what Elimiate ID theft was.  I finally got through on the 4th phone number to someone who found my account, couldn't promise when the site would be back up but who could cancel the service for me and she refunded my money.  That was last month.  This month they charged me again so I had to dispute through my bank because I can't get through on their phones AGAIN.  

That's why I use USAA.  Smiley Wink  

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 22 of 31
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

OK, I will stop advocating EIDT then.   I will say, though, that one of the reasons that I didn't mention that caused my switch from USAA was that the USAA service was not working for me.  The USAA page links to the service weren't working and my credit reports stopped updating correctly.  I called USAA about this numerous times, and they did various things to try to reset it, which worked sporadically.  I wanted to keep the USAA, since they were giving me a $9.99 discount on the premium daily-pull service, but they just couldn't get it right.  Eventually, I told them that there was no way to make this work right again unless I created a new account with the CreditCheck monitoring.  They told me that I would have to cancel my current account and then, since this goes through experian, I would have to wait a month before I signed up again.  I told them to cancel it.  About a week later I decided to try EIDT, and it has been working for me.  It was quite difficult to get signed up, though, but it was done faster than it took USAA to resolve my issue (they never did).

I don't think any of these services are perfect 100% of the time.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 23 of 31
LordAthens
Established Member

I signed up with EIDT a little over a week ago.  No commitment, so I figured I'd give it a shot.  Can't beat $17/mo for daily pulls on me AND my fiance!

Signup wasn't difficult. They said I would have login info in 2-3 business days (which seems a bit long in a day of instant gratification), but I had the info in ~44 hours.

Logging in is a bit ass backwards.  You have to login to EIDT, then MyPrivacyMatters, then to the specific account for MPM.  If you have a single account, layered logins is a pain, if you have 2 accounts like I do, it makes sense.  Once you login to EIDT for the inital login, you can use the MyPrivacyMatters link from then on.  Once you login to MPM, you have to login again under whatever account you want to view.  Not a big deal.

I like the 3-in-1 report layout.  I can see all of the TL's with info on who is reporting those TL's.  Detailed account information is a little more sparse in the printable view, (mainly account numbers and such) but it's not a huge ordeal as I can easily reference that TL to my more detailed reports from annualcreditreport.com or you can click on "detailed info" and get a popup with the details. The 3-in-1 layout is nice.  It prints my entire report history from all 3 CRA's on 6 pages, single sided.  My TU report was 10 pages by itself.

I know there were some complaints that you have to wait 24 hours to get an updated report.  Not sure why this is a huge ordeal, unless you are overly obsessed to the point you have nothing else to do with your time than to refresh your credit report.  Once every 24 hours is plenty IMO.

The only "catch" I had the first time was when I was trying to get an updated report.  I assumed, incorrectly, that every day you login and click on "credit report" that it would show me the updated CR.  It doesn't.  I overlooked the "request new report" link quite a few times.  My fault really.  Otherwise the site is fairly intuitive.  Graphics and "polish" is a little lacking, but it gives me the raw reports which is what I want.  You can't beat the price.  I'm paying less for daily pulls for myself AND my fiance than a single users pays for daily pulls with USAA.    Also, something I just found out today, apparently they are a monitoring service as well.  My fiance got an email that her reports changed.  Sure enough, I sent a DV to Tek Collect a few weeks ago, no corespondence from them, but the TL's were removed from EX and EQ on her report today.  I'll be pulling daily as usual to see when TU drops.

I can't speak for how USAA differs for the additional monthly cost, but I'm quite happy with EIDT at the moment.  I've had 0 issues aside from the minor stuff I outlined above.  They also give FAKO's for all 3 CRA's, which is nice.  At the moment I don't care about my fiance's FICO scores, but it's nice to have some numbers to at least show movement as the baddies come off.

My 2c.

Starting Score:05/04/13 SW EQ607, SW TU672, PSECU EX xxx
Lender Pulls 04/24/13; EQ597, TU641, EX662
Current Score: 05/14/2013 SW EQ 643
Goal Score: 760's across the board would be nice, but I realistically won't "let it go" until I hit 800's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 31
LordAthens
Established Member

I'm a liar.  One day I pulled my report and TU was the only one that showed info.  EX and EQ came up with a lot of "null" and "NaN" data.  The next day it was fine.

Starting Score:05/04/13 SW EQ607, SW TU672, PSECU EX xxx
Lender Pulls 04/24/13; EQ597, TU641, EX662
Current Score: 05/14/2013 SW EQ 643
Goal Score: 760's across the board would be nice, but I realistically won't "let it go" until I hit 800's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 31
bk510
Valued Contributor

i get daily pull for all 3 at 11.48 a month until the end of october and renew for next 6months at 11.48.........DONE!!!

Secret is to call in ask for 6 months special at half price...

p.s. i did have to sign up for 12.95 initially and changed the plan right away over the phone.

good luck guys

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 26 of 31
bk510
Valued Contributor

i used to have EIDT right b4 i signed up with USAA...

Now, i like the USAA web page WAYYYY BETTERR than EDIT...(its like night and day)

my last draw with EDIT was about 2 mpnths ago where they tried to withdraw a dollar out of my CC, which drew red flaf for me so i cancelled them.

I realize every1 's experience is different, but I for one personally dont trust EIDT.

Lord knows what i had to go through to cancel their subscription.

gave me a run around all day and everyday.

Now, I couldnt be happier with USAA...for a daily pull for all 3 for 11.48 a month?

tell me who can beat that?

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 27 of 31
bk510
Valued Contributor

LOL, my goodness.  good luck trying to cancel EIDT...they are scammers.

they gave me run around all day and everyday.

let me stop b4 i loose it....LOL

Message 28 of 31
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

i get daily pull for all 3 at 11.48 a month until the end of october and renew for next 6months at 11.48.........DONE!!!

Secret is to call in ask for 6 months special at half price...

p.s. i did have to sign up for 12.95 initially and changed the plan right away over the phone.

good luck guys

That's a great idea! I may have to take a look at that...

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 29 of 31
mousefai
New Contributor

anybody know how to diffentitate a soft and a hard inquiries on EIDT?

they all had it under inquiires but didnt say hard or soft. 

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.