cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice on getting a paid collection off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any advice on getting a paid collection off?

Okay, I have a paid collection on dh's cr. The original debtor is Time warner and it got placed with CMI. I called TW to see if I could speak to a supervisor about my issue. Well, they can't find the account at all. I explained the situation and she told me regardless they should be able to find it. She suggested that I contact the CA and talk to them to see if they had any info. I called CMI and spoke to a supervisor and she was able to give me the original account number and their reference #. She said that they couldn't take it off my CRs, but if TW requested that they withdraw the info she could do it.

I then called TW back to see if they could find it by looking up the account #. After about 10-15 minutes on hold, the CS chic said yeah maam we can't find it. Frustrated, I requested to speak to her manager to see if she could help me. At this point all I'd like is for them to send out a letter on my behalf to have the info withdrawn. She insists unless I have a statement that there is nothing they can do. Now, I'm waiting for a manager to call me back regarding my request.

In the mean time, I found a statement dating all the way back to 03, but am wondering if they request to see it should I provide it seeing then how it would technically be accurate info?? I really would like this paid collection off- Any advice is welcome. THANKS!

Message Edited by digichic on 01-22-2008 11:46 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any advice on getting a paid collection off?

BUMP
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.