Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any advice?

I need to add another positive tradeline to my credit reports. Preferrably one that is not going to rape me on fees!

So far I have one credit card, a car loan that was transeferred so wont start reporting until June (ugh!!) and my Prosper loan that only reports to EX.

My credit scores are in the low to mid 500's.

I need to be up to mid 600's by October so I can get out of this car loan I am paying 24% interest but my credit scores were in the low 400's when I bought it in October.

Thanks for any and all advice Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any advice?

If you can get added as an Authorized User on a good revolving account from a family member or other source it can do wonders in putting you in a better position to secure a better tradeline for yourself. But only if it meets the right criteria, i.e. very low utilization, aged a few years, never late, decent high limit. B of A is a good one because they report right away. If you're going at it alone with that kind of score, I'm afraid you're limited to subprime cards for now.

Message Edited by devhip on 05-11-2007 09:16 AM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any negative information on your report, if so perhaps you can dispute those. Otherwise even just paying those accts on time with no lates, should raise your score if you do nothing at all.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am all alone so I really dont have anyone, I am close with that I can ask to add me as an AU.  I guess maybe I will try a secured card.

I do have negative info that is being disputed, waiting for validation and some that I am paying off and then they will remove the late history Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Which cards do you have now? What are your exact FICOs?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have the Imagine Mastercard

EX 537
TU 502(will go up when my credit card updates)
EQ 485 (will go up when my credit card updates)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.