Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experience with Mariner Finance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any experience with Mariner Finance?

Hi all, so I currenty have credit scores that are 629 EQ, 648 TU, and 604 EX. I have one collection that reports on both from a medical bill from 2014, it's about $1,749. I applied for a personal loan to consolidate all of my debt into one payment just to see what could happen, has anyone had any experience with this company, how they approve people and what the service is like? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Any experience with Mariner Finance?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, so I currenty have credit scores that are 629 EQ, 648 TU, and 604 EX. I have one collection that reports on both from a medical bill from 2014, it's about $1,749. I applied for a personal loan to consolidate all of my debt into one payment just to see what could happen, has anyone had any experience with this company, how they approve people and what the service is like? Thanks in advance!

1. I have no experience with the company; never before heard of it.

2. I don't think you'll be doing yourself any favors by getting such a loan.

(a) consumer finance companies are discriminated against in FICO algorithms

(b) having a new installment loan with 100% utilization will hurt your scores

(c) the terms of the loan are probably predatory, you'd be better off trying to do it through a credit union

3. My advice would be, rather than borrow from Peter to pay Paul, just pay your debts down gradually.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.