cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck with GW and student loans from AES?

tag
jru577
New Contributor

Any luck with GW and student loans from AES?

Hey Gang:

I am continuing to LOVE this board! I'm new and learning so much!

I consolidated my student loans back in october and now have two loans through American Educational Services (AES) even though it's just one account. (around 14K each) In that time, I have one LATE (60days) on each. Was wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting lates removed with GW letters to AES? I've paid on time for every other payment.

Do you think this would be one GW letter? or one GW for each loan? Is it worth a shot?

Thanks for any advice.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any luck with GW and student loans from AES?

Removing accuate lates from student loans is almost unheard of if they are still backed by the fed.

Higher Ed act requires them to report accurate.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have some lates on a student loan through EDFinancial.  I sent them a GW letter a few weeks back.  Haven't heard anything.  Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 4
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Yeah you have nothing to lost but the price of a stamp.   Just don't be dissapointed or let it get to you if it doesn't happen.   Student Loans are the worst to mess around with.   I would say just stay the course, don't be late  and of cours  never defaultSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.