Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck with these?

tag
mamabear
New Contributor

Any luck with these?

Anybody have luck with goodwills to GMAC, Old Navy, Care Credit, Medical Data Systems?
Also, I know some of you obsess about this right along with me....so does anyone keep up with when certain CC comapnies report?  Old Navy, Target, Walmart?   
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any luck with these?

No harm in trying.. your results could certainly differ from anothers.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious to see how you come out on GMAC- I am putting my GW letters together as we speak. They keep impeccable records.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my GW letters was to GMAC. Actually, a cross between a dispute and a GW. Call it a persuasive GW letter.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=5933

Almost every creditor reports when your monthly statement is cut. That's really the fair thing to do. Otherwise, suppose you charged your card up near the max, but under the limit, and you scheduled a payment to go electronically 5 days before it was due. If the creditor reported your near maxed out balance before the statement closed, you'd be righteously ticked about it. There might even be caselaw out there on this.

On Target, were you asking about GW? They tend to be a very conservative lender. I've tried 2 GW letters and 3 GW emails to remove a late. Finally got a response today. Might as well have sent me a FOAD letter. They are disinclined to acquiesce to my request, and "we hope you'll continue to shop at our stores in the future."

Oh well. Give it another month or two. I'll devise another creative letter or Email and send it on it's merry way, now that I've got a new name to try and turn into an Email address.

Plunder, pillage, plot, scheme.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.