cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get the credit card companies to report decrease in balances quickly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any way to get the credit card companies to report decrease in balances quickly?

Hi

I paid down 30% of my credit card debt around April 5th.

I made a great deal on a new car lease pending the credit pull.

The vehicle is being built to order.  I put down a 1k deposit.

The finance company only uses Transunion and they may pull my credit before the end of the month, before the 30% I paid down is posted to TU and before the 30% is reflected in my score.

Any tricks or advice to help me get the credit card companies to expedite reporting the 30% decrease to TU?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Any way to get the credit card companies to report decrease in balances quickly?

There's a recent topic with information on what some companies do, but the list is by no means complete.

Credit Cards that Update with Zero Balance Mid-Cycle

If your card isn't included in that list, it can't hurt to call and ask.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any way to get the credit card companies to report decrease in balances quickly?

Thank you.  Very Helpful.

Message 3 of 7
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

You can always ask if they'll report early. I don't know who you use, but I just had Discover report early this month to reflect an increased trade line. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

I just called Discover and they were happy to do an "off cycle" report for me.

I'm going to try Amex today.  Not holding my breath.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was very helpful.  Both Discover AND Amex were happy do do off cycle reports.  Took about 3 days to post with all 3 Credit Bureaus.

Barclay Card Apple Rewards was a complete dud -- no help whatsoever.  Wouldn't even let me speak to their credit dept.

Trying Paypal now.  Will update.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal did an off cycle credit report for me as well!  Took a little bit of time on the phone to get their credit department on the phone, but they reported off cycle.  Took 4 days to appear on my credit report.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.