cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody get a letter from Experian this week ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody get a letter from Experian this week ?

Experian sent me a letter yesterday saying that the information I used to apply for a Tmobile phone 2 years ago was downloaded by an unauthorized party . This info includes name , SSN , address , occupation etc . They are giving me 2 years free service from protectmyid elite credit monitoring . Did this happen to anyone else ? I called Experian to make sure this is legit and unfortunately it is . Is there anything I should do other than a security freez ?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Anybody get a letter from Experian this week ?

there is a huge experian t-mobile data breach that been going on for a while. Sorry you have been affected. if you go to experian.com, on the banner page there is a link for t-mobile customers. 

Message 2 of 4
907grown
Established Contributor

I too got a letter from them but different, mine stated that they were removing me from there pre-approval listing for 5 years. Although I did not request this, I did thaw then refreeze my credit two weeks ago so it was probably related.

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it hasn't changed in the two years, change your credit card #. Just call in and report the card "lost" and have a new one sent to you. Only if you suspect that you are still using the same card that was stolen. Supposedly the #'s were encrypted but just to be safe...

Aside from that just keep an eye on your reports. The monitoring should be good enough. If you see any funny stuff happening act fast to call the creditors who are opening accounts--they will be happy to hear from you, because you'll be helping them avoid getting robbed.Also it is a LOT easier to clean up your report when the thief never actually got away with the money--the creditors are happy to delete it. Once the thieves have money then they will want to carefully investigate to make sure the thief wasn't you.

So just keep an eye open and react quick if you ever see an account that isn't yours showing up, by immediately calling that creditor and letting them know it's fraud.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.