Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody use Elfcu?

tag
Vitte
Established Member

Anybody use Elfcu?

I'm pondering opening a checking/savings account with a local Credit Union.

Anyone use ELFCU (Elli Lilly)? Thoughts?

Their main website is a responsive design, but I'm not sure if that is just the "home" design or if it also includes the logged in side fo the website. I know this is probably a lame desire for picking a bank/CU to join, but I'm just thinking how neat it would be to manage an account on a responsive design website... especially for Mobile usage (not interested in apps).

I'm located in central Indiana

Looking for something to use as a "main" checking account, also desire something for occasional branch cash depositing; not so much ATM cash depositing, I've lost $200 a couple years ago and have no desire going down that path again.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
slickshoes182
New Contributor

Re: Anybody use Elfcu?

I heard of them a little while ago as the best place for a Health Savings Account (HSA), assuming you want to put it all in something like S&P 500 index funds as I do, but I haven't bothered rolling it over yet. Now I see that they've boosted the fees on their HSA, but are still probably the best place for that.

HSA review source: http://thefinancebuff.com/elfcu-adds-monthly-fee.html

Message 2 of 5
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I have my HSA with them.   It took a while to get everything setup, but no real complaints.  Yes, they have raised the fees on HSA's, but the monthly maintenance fee ($3/month if low balance) is reasonable.  The new wire transfer fee to the brokerage account portion is a little steep.  But I will not be needing else in for a year or two, hopefully, they will allow ACH transfers by then.

I don't think the HSA website or the normal account website is anything special.   About what I would expect for a credit union.  However, the website does get the job done.

My vote would for you to give them a try and see if you like them or not.  It cost me $5 to join.  Since you are local, I am not sure if you would have to pay, too.  They do give you $5 for savings, if you do not fund it at account creation.   So it would only cost you a little time to give them a try.

Message 3 of 5
Vitte
Established Member

Well, I finally received enough details to be able to register for online banking. As I should have suspected, the account management side is just the usual software that credit unions and some banks use. I'm not sure why they where making a big deal about their new [home] design, I suppose that is marketing.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Message 4 of 5
cluelessoregonguy
Contributor

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one thinking LotR or the north pole while reading the title. Glad you got it worked out!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.