Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else use Credit Sesame?

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Anyone else use Credit Sesame?

Late last year I was planning on buying a car in the first of the year and I noticed a small local CU advertising very good rates for used cars for the "Good" credit range, which they rated as 680-720, which is where I'm at. I called them to get some info & asked which CRA they pull and they said Experian.

I use Credit Karma to monitor TU & EQ, and a couple CCs give me FICO & TU, but I had nothing to monitor EX, so I created an account at Credit Sesame to monitor EX. In my opinion they're pretty crappy compared to Karma, all Sesame gives you is a Fako EX score and monitoring, you have to pay to actually pull any report, which they're always pushing you to do, along with recommending CCs & loans (usually Propser), but at least I have monitoring for EX.

Been waiting for my CU car loan to report. Loan funded 2/2, and I had them start the 1st payment in only 2 weeks, 2/16, so the first reporting on the loan would already show a payment on it, hopefully minimizing the hit on my score for a new credit account. Nothing yet, maybe in early March?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else use Credit Sesame?

I just cancelled my Credit Sesame account. Never saw such ridiculously inaccurate reporting in my life. Not only were their scores more bogus than any other FAKO (and prone to go up and down crazily), but their monitoring of my credit was extremely spotty and they were forever deluging me with "offers" for credit products I already had. Awful site.

Message 2 of 21
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

I just cancelled my Credit Sesame account. Never saw such ridiculously inaccurate reporting in my life. Not only were their scores more bogus than any other FAKO (and prone to go up and down crazily), but their monitoring of my credit was extremely spotty and they were forever deluging me with "offers" for credit products I already had. Awful site.

Actually, I think their scoring is decent, they have my EX score at 704, my CU loan officer told me their pull had me at 700 from my app the last week of Jan., and my score has been pretty steady.

But yeah, their pushing of products you already have is annoying. They push Prosper heavily, with popups & a large advert when you log out. They also push Cap One CCs alot - guys, if you just used a simple filter on my CR for the products you push, you'd see I already have a Prosper loan & Cap One QS Sig Visa.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an account. They are, by far, the most useless of the freebies. My info hasn't been updated in three months - even though they allegedly do an update monthly. Plus they've been spamming me daily with junk.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditsesame.com is awful, not even worth signing up for. The site is difficult to navigate, they give virtually no information and have a completely useless score (at least CK has a somewhat legit score)
Message 5 of 21
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

I agree, they are the worst lol CreditKarma now on the other hand has stepped up considerably!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a 739 on credit sesame which i know it's wayyyy off. lol

Message 7 of 21
JLK93
Established Contributor

As far as I can tell, Credit Sesame completly ignores inquiries. My Credit Sesame score is about 30 points higher than my EX 08 Fico.

Completely useless.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oilcan12 wrote:

As far as I can tell, Credit Sesame completly ignores inquiries. My Credit Sesame score is about 30 points higher than my EX 08 Fico.

Completely useless.

i wouldnt say it's completely useless, it makes me feel better at least. haha

Message 9 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If anyone has EX on ice Cred Sesame will not be able to pull thru the freeze, hence no updating. CS is reported to be one of the better FAKOs around.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.