Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with " Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., L.P.A.,"

tag
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with " Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., L.P.A.,"

orhippychic wrote:
I actually thought about that too. cosmo, when you said next week did you mean monday? if so then it should be ok. we must remember that it's friday and the CCC will not process anything with his bank until at least monday, and depending on the timezone they're in it could be after lunch already...

I have Chase and use their online services.  I'm in the EST and this is what is stated regarding payments:

"The Payment date will default to today's date, unless it is later than 4:00 PM Eastern Time. In this case, the payment date will default to tomorrow's date. "

When I pay before 4pm it usually comes out of my checking within 2 business days, though it will show on my Chase statement that it was applied on the date I initiated it. 

Hrm.... cosmo I think that if possible I would cancel that payment you have planned for the end of next week and try to pay the max you can today (anything!) and the rest of that $4700 (or more) as soon as you are able so that something generates to your account ASAP .      

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
    Message 21 of 51
    SmartCookie
    Valued Contributor

cosmo wrote:
    I have the 4700.00 scheduled for next Friday. I just went to they're site and made a small payment scheduled for today. Thanks

Cool beans!
    EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
    Message 22 of 51
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Excellent. I DEFINITELY want to hear how this all shakes out. Keep your chin up Cosmo, and let us know what happens. Smiley Happy
    Message 23 of 51
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Just checked Chase site payment history. The payment I made for today is "IN PROCESS" The one for next week is"PENDING" I think the "PENDING" is normal for scheduled payments as it you have the option to cancel it. You can't cancel once its "IN PROCESS" Thanks
    Message 24 of 51
    SmartCookie
    Valued Contributor

cosmo wrote:
    Just checked Chase site payment history. The payment I made for today is "IN PROCESS" The one for next week is"PENDING" I think the "PENDING" is normal for scheduled payments as it you have the option to cancel it. You can't cancel once its "IN PROCESS" Thanks

WOOT WOOT!  cosmo I can't tell you how happy I am for you!  Yep the other pending one is normal.  Please if you can I want to know once the payment that you just made is reflected on the balance with no problem, so keep us posted.  BTW I am sure you know but just making sure... don't call or write Weltman.  Once the payments are clearing to the Chase acct and it is caught up, you can go ahead and DV the CA.
    Message 25 of 51
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Just checked Chase site. Small payment I made today cleared with no problem. Does this mean thery still own the account?
    Message 26 of 51
    SmartCookie
    Valued Contributor

cosmo wrote:
    Just checked Chase site. Small payment I made today cleared with no problem. Does this mean thery still own the account?

I'd have bet money that they owned it for the mere fact that you still had an online account accessible with Chase. But what this is showing is that they sure can take care of it, and you don't have to go thru Weltman who they were just using to collect for them .  I am so glad it cleared!  Now I want to see it post and debit from your bank account. 

So things are looking very good for you!   I'm guessing that the disposition of the account is closed so that you can no longer use it, but still valid, which is why you can pull up the acct online.  The avail credit field is probably blank.  You are still getting statements, or did that stop when Weltman started? 

Now, it seems that the big problem will disappear (the CA at some point very soon depending on how things proceed can be disputed) but now that you have found that you should be able to handle this thru Chase there is a second issue of the best way to proceed with that acct.  Will they re-open the acct, payment arrangements and GW derog once paid, settlement at some point for a deletion of the TL etc... the dance has just begun, but to much better song.  Smiley Tongue  
    Message 27 of 51
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

The payment I made of $50.00 cleared bank account and was credited to Chase Account. Spoke with family member who is going to lend me the 18,000.00 at 8% to payoff all of remaining balance. Did FICO simulation and it says my score should go from 466 to 566-586 once this is paid. It states that this is over a 24 month period. Also if the credit line was closed by grantor, how will that affect my score or is that already taken into consideration on the 566-586 score. Jusy wanted to know how much this will immediately change my score?
    Message 28 of 51
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Correction the simulated score was 646 to 686 sorry about that
    Message 29 of 51
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

i might suggest under the circumstances that you make very large payments over the next 6 months to pay it off. use the simulator to see what affect that would have on your scores. you can put the money you borrowed in a savings to offset interest and use it to make several large payments. not only will you be lowering UT, but you will build a bit of positive history before you make that bill go bye bye. if you can "afford" to stretch it out further, then that might be an option too. you'll pay more interest, but the positive history you build would "hopefully" make up for it. only you can decide what is more important to you. Smiley Happy
    Message 30 of 51
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.