Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a BK and score of 700+

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have a BK and score of 700+

I am curious are the anyone on this board who has a previous BK but maintained to get a 700 + score, if so please share your info so others of us can learn from you how to get there. I was there once but have since added more uilization so once I get that down again I should be able to.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have a BK and score of 700+

I have posted a few times, in great detail, my story. I filed CH 7 BK in May 2001, and just pulled my FICO scores "for the first time ever" about three weeksago. My scores are 699,700, and 701.  I still have lates on my accounts that will be there until next year unless I can get them dropped earlier.  I just got a Orchard Bank MasterCard a couple months ago with a $1500 CL, a resonable APR and no annual fee. I just applied for and was accepted for another card with an even better APR (OK, a point or two better) just about an hour ago.  Going to use the 0% for transfers till March of 08 to pay off my other card.Only have about $500 on that, and it could pay that off quickly, but why pay 12.9% when I can pay 3% and still pay it off quickly.   Check out my other postings for details. I basically just "did my time" in bad credit hell. Used cash ALOT.  Had a couple store cards that made it through BK.  Got a Capital One card after about 18 months with a real low CL and a real high APR and a yearly fee. After a year of excellent use and payment, I asked for some breaks and was offered a lower APR.  Only advice I can offer is the same I have seen others say on this site.  Use the cards as little as possible to keep your utilization low and always, ALWAYS, pay your bill on time. Do notever be late after your BK or you will get nowhere fast. If you are entering into BK, I feel for you and wish all all the very best of luck. Keep your head high because there really is light at the end of the tunnel.  
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read your success story earlier and I was floored. My mouth just stayed open. Dispite all that you went through it's amazing your scores are still very good.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wish I had known about this forum back then. One of the biggest problems with BK is the shame that honest hardworking people feel when life deals them something unmanageable that results in a BK.  My shame left me feeling totally defeated and beat down.  Of course I was dealing with depression and didn't realize it.  Anyway, that is why I wasn't more proactive in trying to rebuild my credit. I just figured I would have to do my time and that no company would want to give me a chance. Now I know that there are companies that will  give you a chance. The secret is to use that trust properly.  I'm sure there are others out there that fit the description of the thread. I'd love to hear their stories as well.  I consider myself to be "very lucky". I make a pretty good living ($75K+ a year) so it stands to reason that companies would be more likely to take a chance on me.  My heart goes out to those that go through BK like I did but make alot less money.  My goal is to just be as supportive as I can to others going through their own  personal debt hell.
Message 4 of 6
Quietman
Established Member

Corrected per guidelines - Quietman Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Quietman on 05-14-2007 11:42 AM
Message 5 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Quietman wrote:
Hello everyone!

I filed BK13 back in 2002, and paid in full in Feb 2005.

Imagine my disappointment when I pulled my fico scores in Apr 2006, and all below 600.

Today, they are all above 700, and I have two years before the BK drops off.

I had to send a note to all 3 CRA's so they'd show the BK had been disharged, then had to DV somw collectors (ca's), followed by dispute with CRA's, finally sending note to collectors that they verified with CRA's before validating with me, violating my FRCA (?) consumer rights, resulting in deletions.

Also had to insure that all accounts in BK 13 had no reporting after July '02 (some were reporting discharged or 90+ days late AFTER Bk flining, illegal)

Then applied for Target Card (in store) = approved
Cap One Auto Loan = approved
HSBC Orchard unsecured card = approved
BP Gasoline Card = Approved
JC Penney = Approved
US Bank Secured Card = Approved

Some places (Bank of America, Cap One) not approved.

All my credit cards are locked in my safe, and RARELY used, small purchases, just so they don't go dormant or inactive, PIF whenever used.

Each month, I watch scores climb 5-10 points.

Quietman

You have come a long way. Congrats! Many people do not realize that some creditors automatically reject you if you have had a BK (regardless of scores).
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.