cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have any success with NCO deleting paid accts.

tag
2IMPROVE
Regular Contributor

Anyone have any success with NCO deleting paid accts.

I sent an email to the CEO to request deletion of 3 paid medical bills.  Two are $30 each and one for $199.00.   I received a letter today from Lisa Signore stating that they have contacted the cra to update my credit profile to show  the account status, and they list each acct status which is  PAID.   

I requested deletion! The accts are already listed as paid.  Advice anyone?? 

Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone have any success with NCO deleting paid accts.

you can always send gw's though my 7 did not work so i'm giving up and learning to "embrace" my baddiesSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 8
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

After Seven GW letters, I guess you DO have to embrace the derogs.

Although I haven't been sending out GWs for long, it seems that you have to luck up and find some Collector who has some sympathy and some power at the CRA who can then make an adjustment or deletion.
Message 3 of 8
future
Frequent Contributor

TRY EMAILING A GOODWILL TO mikebarrist@ncogroup.com.  he might be some help to you

2IMPROVE wrote:
I sent an email to the CEO to request deletion of 3 paid medical bills.  Two are $30 each and one for $199.00.   I received a letter today from Lisa Signore stating that they have contacted the cra to update my credit profile to show  the account status, and they list each acct status which is  PAID.   

I requested deletion! The accts are already listed as paid.  Advice anyone?? 

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upon the second letter I sent to him, he replied that NCO reports True an accurate on credit reports and mine would reflect paid, however would not be deleted!

Forget it! Mine will be off soon enough anyways.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wrote to them and I'm actually holding a letter from David Teklits saying mine would be deleted. 5 disputes later it still comes back as "Verified, no change" but only the Transunion is being reported as that. It's gone on the other two.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a collection from them for $600 stemming from Bank of America. Funny thing is, I knew nothing about this forum, and I set up automatic payments for 3 months as the representative told me that by doing this, they would not report to the CRA's.

For the first 2 months, nothing changed on my credit report, and payments were deducted from my account on time.... then 4 days before the last payment was due, I get an alert on ScoreWatch that says I have a collection on my report showing 1 late payment for the last month (which hadn't even come yet)!!!!! I called NCO, and got the run around, but finally got to speak with a manager. The manager told me that NCO will delete the entry from all 3 CRA's 30 days after they receive the last payment.

I waited 30 days, and nothing happened, so I called back and asked for that same manager. She transfered me to the Credit Department, where I gave the rep. the story the manager gave me. She gave me the line that "We will report the collection as paid but we will not delete." So I pretended to sound discouraged, and asked her is there anything she could do for me because I was told this by "manager name", and now you're telling me it's not true. She put me on hold and came back 2 minutes later telling me that it has been deleted from all 3 bureau's, and it would show up in 30 days. She also said I would receive a letter of deletion in 7 business days.

Of course I never received the letter, but sure enough, about 3 days after the phone call, Equifax and Experian both showed that the collection had been removed. TransUnion was stubborn, and didn't update until day 30 (from the date I placed the call).

I guess I got lucky... I'm not sure if there's any advice I can give you, but I did get the Manager's name I spoke to, and the Credit Department Representative's name if you would like them. I'm at work, so I don't have the piece of paper I wrote them down on.

Good Luck....

Message Edited by icehistory83 on 09-25-2007 02:08 PM
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup, i emailed Mike and was SHOCKED, to get a letter (5 days later) from a manager explaining that they would be deleted. AND THEY DID

good luck
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.