Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have luck getting a C/O account deleted with HSBC/Orchard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have luck getting a C/O account deleted with HSBC/Orchard

I had four years of on-time all the time payments. THen ran into a little difficulty in 2003. I closed the card and all of a sudden my balance had increased to 1800. I began to pay it off last year. Then they sold it. Zeroed out balance. I disputed it, but stayed on my report. However, they removed the derogatory notation. HSBC sent me a letter stating that my debt is with a collection agency. One that is not on my report. However, I have been getting letters from the one that is on my report.

It is due to drop off in 2/09. I don't want to cause more problems like I did when I started paying on it after 2 years. "Being responsible and paying all my debts" - That resulted in the collection account with Main Street on my CRA's. I am willing to pay I just want these all gone.

Should I DV the collection agency and get that removed. PFD the CA and see what they say or send a GW to Orchard?

Anyone have success with HSBC/Orchard GW deletions.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have luck getting a C/O account deleted with HSBC/Orchard

If it has been a while since they sold the account you can try this:

1. Dispute the OC account with the CRAs
2. HSBC will verify the account
3. HSBC will send you a letter explaining the the account you disputed was your Orchard account and it shows HSBC because of a name change in reporting or something like that.
4. You send an investigation letter to HSBC CMRRR requesting proof the account was yours ie signed application etc (see my thread on this from a couple days ago)
5. HSBC has no records of your account because it was sold so the only thing they can do is delete the TL or be in violation of the FCRA

This is a pretty well talked about process on CB and HSBC is usually the one I read about it working with every time.

Once you have the OC gone you can DV the CA and dispute it with the CRAs. Since the CA is to verify all of your information with the OC and the OC doesn't have it and removed their TL because they couldn't prove it this will be a no brainer delete. If the CA screws around with you, you have the investigation letter and a copy of your CR to show as proof the OC could not prove the debt was yours. You are now $1000 richer for the CA's violation.....
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excuse me, but I am new to this site -- and a little confused at all the abbreviations you all use in your messages.  i.e., what do these mean:  OC, CB, TL, DV, and CA?  I guessed that C/O means charge off and CRA must be credit reporting agencies.  If you could "translate these for me, then I can better understand all the messages on the forum. 

Thanks,

the new kid
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.