Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone here has captialone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone here has captialone?

I have 2 capitalones, and one householdcard(Subprime fu@!$%^ rip-off). My oldest one is my 5000 limit capitalone(6 years but it is reporting only 5 year on myfico score??), 800 limit capitalone(3years), and my subprime card Householdbank 500(with 27apr). Capitalone is a pain in the ass. I have been with them for more then 6 years and only have a 5000 limit. I try to get them higher, but they say they only review my account once a year and there is nothing they can do. I never paid them late. My only problem is that for the first time, in these 6 years, my credit score has been above 660. Now what? Are they going to review my account and raise my limit or should forget about it and look for a better card now?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MM1234
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone here has captialone?

I have a Cap One and its crazy. They gave me a 1000 CL and only raised it to 1600 over the last 3-4 yrs. I called and told them I have PRIME cards that have over 10X that CL. They said they cannot increse it. Oh bother!

I used to use that card when shopping online on International Sites or at "Iffy" places around town since it had a small limit. I still have it tho.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a capitalone credit card. I have only had it for a few years. I just learned that on my credit report, they don't report a credit limit. They show a balance (but no limit) so it looks like I am paying over the limit. This doesn't make any sense. It doesn't say it's negative on my credit report, but to me it dosen't like it would help either. Check you reports and see if you have a credit limit listed. If not, maybe this is hindering your credit score.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them about that and they told me that they were going to report. One week went by, and I recieved a letter from them saying" We only report your higher balance. So, if I was you. I would shopping and put you capitalone 200 dollars overlimit. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy....... One point in these 6 years. I have went over limit about 150 dollars, so now on my credit report is showing credit limit with them of 5150 dollars, eventhough, my limit is only 5000 dollars. At least, in this point of view, I can say going over limit helped me. Smiley Very Happy Summary :credit limit of 5150 and I only only 500 balnce in the account. Positive things can come out of negative things.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

nikisd99 wrote:
i have a capitalone credit card. I have only had it for a few years. I just learned that on my credit report, they don't report a credit limit. They show a balance (but no limit) so it looks like I am paying over the limit. This doesn't make any sense. It doesn't say it's negative on my credit report, but to me it dosen't like it would help either. Check you reports and see if you have a credit limit listed. If not, maybe this is hindering your credit score.

Cap 1  doesn't report CL   word is that sometime soon they will  but travel to the moon might come sooner.   Not reporting CL hurts UTIL   i have 1 also
Message 5 of 7
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

all you have to do is be patient; rather than increase your limit capital one will probably offer you another credit card. try applying for their "above average" card if you are not offered one through direct mail.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So many dispute with everybody in the credit world that now I have a 7 years fraud alert on my CR andSmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy that they extended...god!!Smiley Very Happy Crazy world with a cookie full nuts...Smiley Very Happy So, nobody can send me any offers. Its has been a hussle to prove that I am who I am to apply too!!! Finally I have sent letters to remove fraud alert and let see if I get some good offers.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.