cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything I can do to specifically raise Experian score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything I can do to specifically raise Experian score?

My TU and EQ scores are both in the 630s, but my EX is 565 (collection dropped it 70 points) and that makes it my lowest. Is there anything i can do to specifically target that score and raise it that doesn't kill me financially?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anything I can do to specifically raise Experian score?

You seem to be aware of the way that your EX report is different from your EQ/TU.  So you should consider whether you'd have the financial resources to pay off the collection.  If you do, you want to negotiate a Pay For Delete arrangement, rather than simply paying it.

There are lots of resources on the web and on the Forums that explain what a PFD is and how to go about doing it.

Before you d any of that, I would pull all three of your reports and scores if you have not done that in the last 30 days.  You want an easy to read 3-bureau report that will enable you to see how the three reports are different.  The $1 trial offer at Credit Check Total is a cheap way to get that.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the money, know I'm trying to get the PFD, letter printed actually. Not sure on which one to use, but leaning towards the more legal sounding one cause I don't trust collection agencies.

I got my score through credit check total, also. That's how i know my scores currently. Very different from what CK tells me, so I'll stick to them for now. Though I'll look at credit check again as suggested and try to isolate the difference.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking back on credit check total, it looks like that one collection dropped ALL my scores down 70 points, and pushed my EX score down another 30.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.