cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree - one day or is it a two week period?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree - one day or is it a two week period?

When I first joined a few years ago I thought I read someone had gone on an application spree between credit cards & maybe an installment loan or auto loan - was this all supposed to happen in ONE day or if it was spread over TWO WEEKS it wouldn't kill your score quite so bad??  Cannot remember and I'm sorry if it's already posted!

Thank you all!!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: App Spree - one day or is it a two week period?

Other than auto or mortgage inquiries, any other inquiry, whether done in one hour, one day, or one year count as one inquiry per pull. There's no advantage at all.

However, car or mortgage inquiries do count as one if pulled within a 14 or 30 day period depending on the CRA and the version of the score used by the lender. So, if you app for 30 different car loans within the next few days, then you'd only get dinged for one inquiry score-wise.

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Other than auto or mortgage inquiries, any other inquiry, whether done in one hour, one day, or one year count as one inquiry per pull. There's no advantage at all.

However, car or mortgage inquiries do count as one if pulled within a 14 or 30 day period depending on the CRA and the version of the score used by the lender. So, if you app for 30 different car loans within the next few days, then you'd only get dinged for one inquiry score-wise.

Message 2 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

The inqs hit instantaneously
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do hit your report but not your score right away if they are for auto or mortgage.

http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/CreditInquiries.aspx

Message Edited by sidewinder on 01-20-2009 01:01 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, guess I'll wait until I find the right car then and try the bank & maybe Cap 1??!!

It also answers the question on the credit card pulls - now if anyone pulls EQ they will love that I had 4 pullsSmiley Sad on one day - oh well, never did it before and won't do it in quite a whileSmiley Happy

Forever grateful to the FICO Team!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.