Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App to track CC purchase types?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App to track CC purchase types?

I am looking for an app to track purchases on all my credit cards each month. Mint tracks based on my checking account, but since I use cc for all purchases, Mint only sees my deposits and payments to the credit cards. Some individual card sites shoe this but I'm looking to track them all. I use Wallaby, but it does not track them monthly either. I'm looking for an Android app or one for my Win7 computer.

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App to track CC purchase types?

Sorry on my cell phone. I want to track things like all monthly gas purchases, grocery purchases, restaurants, etc.
Message 2 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I never used Mint seriously but it doesn't track on credit card accounts?  Sounds suspect, the account transactions should be near identical between the two in terms of implementation, I'd be stunned if it didn't.

The usual interface inside USAA and others for tracking spending can do both checking and credit cards if you tell it to.

        
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mint might try to track but does not seem accurate.
Message 4 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

I get each credit card transaction with Mint and it seems to do a reasonably good job of categorizing but I sometime have to manually categorize/recategorize.

@Vulcan1600 wrote:
Mint might try to track but does not seem accurate.

It's accurate in my experience but you do have to add accounts with each creditor.  Without access to the credit accounts Mint can only report the activity in your linked bank accounts which won't have credit card transaction data.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last night I sat down and really worked in the Mint program. I changed a lot of uncategorized transactions to put them in the correct category. It is set up much better now, however there are a couple of things I can't fix. One is, I can't fugue it got to only see only certain date ranges, the other is it shows my entire Home Depot card balance is due now, however I'm doing instalments.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate autocorrect. I can't figure it out to do date range for tracking expenses.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

check out  the app "Wallaby"- it also helps you pick the best card to use for each purchase based on rewards programs- you select your cards and then link to your login and it tracks by month every purchase across all cards- pretty cool app

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Billguard

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.