Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied with DCU

tag
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Applied with DCU

In the next couple of months I am planning on buying a car and have heard so many great things about DCU.  I decided to pull the trigger and open a savings account with them yesterday.  It was a very easy process...I applied online and I was able to upload all the documents they needed online also.  They only needed a driver license but mine has a different address so I had to send in proof of address also.  No big deal!! 

My application has not been approved yet and still says it is under review.  I'm pretty sure everything is OK though because the money I am trasferring is already showing pending on my current account.

Hopefully everything else goes just a smooth and I'm hoping to have a 1.49% auto loan from them in a couple of months!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

Re: Applied with DCU

I also opened an account a couple weeks ago with DCU in hopes of refinancing a car I just purchased for my daughter. I have heard that some people get an instant offer for a CC or car loan at the time they open but I did not get that option. I assumed my score was too low but Friday I got my first free score and it was 686.

Message 2 of 9
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@Its_Me wrote:

I also opened an account a couple weeks ago with DCU in hopes of refinancing a car I just purchased for my daughter. I have heard that some people get an instant offer for a CC or car loan at the time they open but I did not get that option. I assumed my score was too low but Friday I got my first free score and it was 686.

And that 686 is the 04 score, or mortgage score.  My EQ 08 is 708, but the EQ 04 Fico that DCU gave me was 699, which matches my EQ mortgage score here on myFico.

Message 3 of 9
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

Awesome. At least I have an idea where I stand mortgage score wise. Hopefully the other two are above or not too far below. I'm thinking of purchasing the mortgage scores here within the next couple of months. Just waiting for 2 Barclays CC's to report March payments. 

Message 4 of 9
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Well I'm still waiting to find out if I was able to open a savings account with them.  The app is still pending.  I am hoping to find something out today or tomorrow.  I'm not really sure what their time frames for new membership are.  I would love to get a CC offer from them but I won't be too upset if I don't.  Right now my priority is to get a low interest rate car loan.  And getting the EQ04 score monthly will definately be a nice bonus also.

Message 5 of 9
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Its_Me wrote:

DCU's best rates require a 675 score so you should be good to go once you get approved (which should not be an issue). 

Message 6 of 9
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@Its_Me wrote:

DCU's best rates require a 675 score so you should be good to go once you get approved (which should not be an issue). 

I have a discharged CH13 (August 2014) and I just read on another board that they want 2 years history after discharge. Unfortunate for me because I was still able to rebuild while in the Ch13 with a couple low limit cards.

Message 7 of 9
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Contact them by email or on the phone and ask if whith your scores the BK will kill the deal - 100% of the time I've contacted them it's been great (although I'm YMMV somewhat).

I really don't know how they are with BK - sorry. 

Message 8 of 9
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

Thanks pipeguy!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.