Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for CC while disputing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for CC while disputing

Hello...

I have been trying to repair my credit for about a year now. I now have 5 paid collections remaining (I paid about 10, but some dropped off) on the the report that I am disputing - just to see if they can be removed. 
 I have gone from 536 TU 534 EX 449 EQ to as of July 07 having 585 TU 601 EX 575 EQ.  The remaing debts that I have are my student loans (98K) and car note(23K).  I will begin paying on my student loans next month, but I wanted advice about applying for a credit card.  I have items in dispute and I wanted to know if its a good idea to apply for credit while they are in dispute.  I need to purchase a home computer.  Thanks for the responses.  BTW, this is a great site and I have really learn a lot...
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
indyhotmama
Regular Contributor

Re: Applying for CC while disputing

Congrats on your progress.  That is fantastic!  I am not sure about applying for a card right now.  I will let the more experienced folks on the forum answer that.  My scores are about the same as yours and I got a couple of cards here recently.  Good luck.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.