Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Applying for a credit card

You have a pretty good chance at Orchard.. you should also be able to get a few store cards. I can make some suggestions if you are interested.
Carthoris

Yes, I am interested. The MyFico simulator did not look favorably on store credit cards though. I will apply to Orchard and see what happens.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Try Orchard and get back to me.
Regular Contributor
JAMMY

I filed chapter 13 in 2004 since then I have gotten numerous cards.  I have an orchard bank card with a limit of $300.00 then a card through HSBC for 1000.  I have have few other cards with limits of $500.00, 600.00, & another $1000.00.  My score is only 591.  There are cards out there willing to give you credit.  The bad part is many of them charge you $5.00-10.00 a month as a fee or they charge you a fee if you pay online.  I am trying to rebuild my credit and it is a very slow process, but I am willing to pay the fees in hopes it will help in the long run.  We were just discharged so I am hoping that will help a little as well.  Good Luck!
Starting Score 563 10/2/11
Current Score 585 12/30/11
Goal 700
Established Contributor
Irvin

Try Hooters Mastercard.

I got approved with a TU score of 568 couple of weeks ago. They gave me a $1,000 CL but has a $48 Annual Fee for Hooters..

Valued Member
inzaghi

All my credit cards are AMEX .
When I saw this message I applied for the hooters card and got approved ..my TU is 628..

thanks a lot for the info
Established Contributor
Cory

Irvin wrote:
Try Hooters Mastercard.

I got approved with a TU score of 568 couple of weeks ago. They gave me a $1,000 CL but has a $48 Annual Fee for Hooters..

Who is the card issuer for Hooters? and how do you apply.
1. American Express Blue Cash Preferred~2. BankAmericard Cash Rewards World MasterCard~3. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa Signature ~4. Discover It~5. Citi Forward Visa Signature~6. CCCU MasterCard.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Established Contributor
Cory

Thank you so much. You are the bomb!!:smileyvery-happy:
1. American Express Blue Cash Preferred~2. BankAmericard Cash Rewards World MasterCard~3. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa Signature ~4. Discover It~5. Citi Forward Visa Signature~6. CCCU MasterCard.
Established Contributor
Cory

Do you know if they will give you an instant decision or you should receive a correspondance in the mail?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}