Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for a credit card

Cory,

HSBC is pretty reasonable with okaying $1,000.00 credit lines.  They give instant decisions online.   Jammy (a poster in this thread) mentioned HSBC also. 

SandyK
Message 21 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cory,
I did not get an instant decision from Hooters when i applied. But I called them the next day and they were able to tell me on the phone that i was approved and should expect my card to be mailed pretty soon.

Message 22 of 57
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

FYI... Hooters does not do instant approvals. You always have to call or wait for the mail.
Message 23 of 57
Cory
Established Contributor

sankofa wrote:
Cory,

HSBC is pretty reasonable with okaying $1,000.00 credit lines.  They give instant decisions online.   Jammy (a poster in this thread) mentioned HSBC also. 

SandyK

Thank you so much for your reply! All you guys are cool.
Message 24 of 57
Cory
Established Contributor

Irvin wrote:
Cory,
I did not get an instant decision from Hooters when i applied. But I called them the next day and they were able to tell me on the phone that i was approved and should expect my card to be mailed pretty soon.

Thank you. I fell much better now. From your previous post, I saw that hooters uses TransUnion? I hope they do, my score is 599 with TU. If they check experian I can forget it.
Message 25 of 57
Cory
Established Contributor

Tuscani wrote:
FYI... Hooters does not do instant approvals. You always have to call or wait for the mail.

Great, thank you. I call and check today if I got approved.

Cory

Message 26 of 57
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!
Message 27 of 57
Cory
Established Contributor

Tuscani wrote:
Congrats!

I still have to call them. Hopefully, I will get approved. But thanks for the supportSmiley Happy
Message 28 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I can get a HSBC credit card if I've had one in the past, good history but closed it out probably 2 years ago...my past 6 years have no lates on CC's but have one re-aged account listed in 2004 that I've been disputing; had a judgment hit in 9/05 and it was paid in 11/05 in full/satisfied.  Now last fall the IRS Tax lien hit...

Thoughts??
Message 29 of 57
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

beach123 wrote:
Do you think I can get a HSBC credit card if I've had one in the past, good history but closed it out probably 2 years ago...my past 6 years have no lates on CC's but have one re-aged account listed in 2004 that I've been disputing; had a judgment hit in 9/05 and it was paid in 11/05 in full/satisfied.  Now last fall the IRS Tax lien hit...

Thoughts??

What are your scores?
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.