cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a credit card

Established Contributor

Re: Applying for a credit card

Got the Credit Decision email and it took me to the sorry BUT... Page and I accepted
Message 41 of 57
Established Contributor

What card is this that you guys are talking about? I wanna knowSmiley Surprised

Cory
American Express Blue Cash Everyday; American Express Everyday; Barclay's AAdvantage Aviator World Elite MasterCard; Citi Thank You Premier World Elite MasterCard; Citi Double Cash; Navy Federal cashRewards Visa Signature Card.
Message 42 of 57
Valued Contributor

FICO_Focused wrote:
Got the Credit Decision email and it took me to the sorry BUT... Page and I accepted

yeah that's all I got too.   I went back online and talked with the chat person.    She said it's normal not to get a confirmation email about the secured card.   She said it takes up to 5 business days for them to debit your account and up to 15 days for you to receive the card.
Message 43 of 57
Valued Contributor

Cory wrote:

Cory

It the Bank of America  partial secured card   the $99/$500.   You pay a $99 deposit and you get a $500 credit limit.    You have to apply for their platnium credit card ( It's a credit rebuilder), if you don't get that card, and if you qualify, they will send you a counter offer card, that's where I was accepted for the $99/$500 card.
Message 44 of 57
Established Contributor

Boswd wrote:

Cory wrote:

Cory

It the Bank of America  partial secured card   the $99/$500.   You pay a $99 deposit and you get a $500 credit limit.    You have to apply for their platnium credit card ( It's a credit rebuilder), if you don't get that card, and if you qualify, they will send you a counter offer card, that's where I was accepted for the $99/$500 card.

Thank you. You have to have a account with them though. I don't have a account with BofA and don't want to with those ridicules fees.

Thanks though.

Cory
American Express Blue Cash Everyday; American Express Everyday; Barclay's AAdvantage Aviator World Elite MasterCard; Citi Thank You Premier World Elite MasterCard; Citi Double Cash; Navy Federal cashRewards Visa Signature Card.
Message 45 of 57
Valued Contributor

yeah there fees can get a bit nasty, but If you do a direct deposit they all get waived.  I enjoy BOA, alot of online resources and even have free budget online programs that are similiar to Quicken.  
Message 46 of 57
Established Contributor

Boswd wrote:
yeah there fees can get a bit nasty, but If you do a direct deposit they all get waived.  I enjoy BOA, alot of online resources and even have free budget online programs that are similiar to Quicken.  

Thanks for sharing the information.

Cory
Message 47 of 57
Valued Contributor

you're welcome
Message 48 of 57
Established Contributor

Boswd wrote:
you're welcome

Do you know if some of the lender pull a certain credit bureau? I would think not all lenders pull experian, Equifax or Transunion.

I'm trying to get around from pulling experian.

Cory
Message 49 of 57
Regular Contributor

hey everyone, look at the amex thread.  i was just approved  instantly for an amex gold skymiles card this weekend.  many others reading that thread applied and were approved with scores in the high 500s.  it is NOT a secured card and from what i understand pretty easy to get.

fyi i received a 1000 cl and my scores are 635 tu, 643 eq, 666 ex

good luck.
Message 50 of 57