cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval criteria for EnerBank USA home improvement loans?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval criteria for EnerBank USA home improvement loans?

So, as someof you may know, I own 5 properties outright, they are all producing income. I need a new roof on one of them.

I get a good quote from a reputable contractor and find they offer financing through "EnerBank USA". At their website, it says they have an "80% approval rate" but not much more information about what gets a person approved.

I have the sinking feeling, as I usually do when thinking about how stacked the system is against the "little guy", that this is another place that simply looks at one thing - derogatory accounts - when deciding on an approval. Why can't any comapnies take real estate as collatoral???

Anyways, does anyone know about the underwriting guidelines for this company? Do they require spotless credit with no derogatory accounts?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval criteria for EnerBank USA home improvement loans?

Anyone have any experience with this lender?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know abour that lender, however, we have a card from Wells Fargo that is ONLY for home repairs. They have a list in the areas that you live where, and what company's it can be used. Furnace, a/c, roofs, siding, windows, etc. We were able to put in a new furnace and a/c for $8200 on 0% for 3 years, for $229 a month. It was a good alternative, rather than borrowing against our home.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try WF, but the closest branch is over 500 miles from me, will they still do business?

Any other home improvement loan places any one would suggest for Michigan area?

Not one person reading has any experience with "EnerBank USA"?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can apply for that one online. Thats how we did it with Wells Fargo.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.