Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Disputes Lowering Scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are Disputes Lowering Scores?

I have been disputing an account that shows not only once, but TWICE on my reports for the past two years; when I dispute - from what I'm starting to see on this forum, it appears that perhaps this is keeping my scores REALLY LOW - is that possible?  My scores last fall were better, now I cannot seem to get them over 557 except for TU - this is however according to TC...any help??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are Disputes Lowering Scores?

in the past year, i have online disputed several collections a couple of times and never saw a score drop immediately thereafter, so i dont think the disputes lowered my scores. i do know that your reports will indicate that you are disputing....i wonder if lenders see all of the disputes and say hmmmm, this guy might be a problem?
Message 2 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

There are some things FICO will not calculate while in dispute.
Does that mean you should dispute in hopes of increasing your score? NO! This could easily
backfire. 

Collections and public records do not apply are never exempt while in dispute. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ hits me with 6pt or so per dispute.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy buckets - EQ has ALWAYS been a problem for me, and of course that is the one agency that IS reporting the same stinking account twice - I have my summary judgment hearing next week; after that it's all over, win lose or draw at least I put up a good fight with a JDB who has never proven they had the right to collect.

I appreciate knowing this - I will have to just stop disputing?  I have something else that started showing up that is way past the SOL and reporting period that I was going to request be removed, now I'm not so sure I should?  It shows a zero balance, just says transferred/sold in July 2004.  However, the DOFD was 3/99.  MN is 6 years SOL...no wonder I can't get ahead!

Thanks all of you!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.