cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PFD Letters More Successful If You Offer To PIF? Also SOL Question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are PFD Letters More Successful If You Offer To PIF? Also SOL Question...

I am just beginning this whole process, and I am just sending my first PFD letters to the smaller amounts.  I am more than willing to pay the full amounts if it will get them deleted.  Do you think that makes any difference in their decision to accept?

Also, my Chevron credit card is only around $500, DOLA is Feb 2003 (so I'm pretty sure it is past the SOL - 3 years in Alabama (from what I understand)), and it never went to a CA.  My PFD letter will go directly to them.  Should I mention that SOL has expired in the PFD letter?

Thanks for your help.  I have learned so much from all of your experiences written on these forums.  Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are PFD Letters More Successful If You Offer To PIF? Also SOL Question...

Hi ina, and welcome to the forum.

Offering to pay in full, will sure get their attention, whereas offering partial payment for a settlement, doesn't sit as well.

IMO, you are in a better negotiating position to offer pif in exchange for deleting the baddie, than settlement. But that's just my opinion. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 01-28-2008 12:28 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent out 6 PFDs last week offering to PIF, heard back from 2 so far and they're both rejected so far..........will keep trying though
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump - Anyone else have an opinion?  Thanks!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.