cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the 3 credit bureau scores provided by equifax.com different than cc issuer website ones?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Are the 3 credit bureau scores provided by equifax.com different than cc issuer website ones?

Are the 3 credit bureau scores provided by equifax.com different than the ones given by cc issuer websites (or does equifax.com possibly use a different scoring model)?  The reason I ask is because the credit scores that are listed for me on various cc issuer websites like Discover, Barclays, Cap1, etc. are signficantly higher, than the 3 FICO scores that I am receiving from equifax.com?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Are the 3 credit bureau scores provided by equifax.com different than cc issuer website ones?

@galahad15 wrote:

Are the 3 credit bureau scores provided by equifax.com different than the ones given by cc issuer websites (or does equifax.com possibly use a different scoring model)?  The reason I ask is because the credit scores that are listed for me on various cc issuer websites like Discover, Barclays, Cap1, etc. are signficantly higher, than the 3 FICO scores that I am receiving from equifax.com?

correct me if i am wrong but those are fako score eq gives out ? The only way you can get fico from eq is their score power product if i recall , if you are getting their "complete report" i think those are fako scores. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 4
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Are the 3 credit bureau scores provided by equifax.com different than cc issuer website ones?

@mongstradamus wrote:
correct me if i am wrong but those are fako score eq gives out ? The only way you can get fico from eq is their score power product if i recall , if you are getting their "complete report" i think those are fako scores. 

Thanks for the helpful comments -- the product that I have been ordering to get my credit scores from equifax.com so far is listed as "Equifax 3-Bureau Credit Report and Scores".  According to the disclosures for the product on the equifax.com website after I just took a quick look at them, I think you may actually be 100% right, that they may be FAKOs.  For example, according to the disclosures:

"The credit scores provided under the offers described here use the Equifax Credit Score™, which is a proprietary credit model developed by Equifax. The Equifax Credit Score and 3-bureau scores are each based on the Equifax Credit Score model, but calculated using the information in your Equifax, Experian and TransUnion credit files. The Equifax Credit Score is intended for your own educational use. It is also commercially available to third parties along with numerous other credit scores and models in the marketplace. Please keep in mind third parties are likely to use a different score when evaluating your creditworthiness. "

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

Most sites have info on the model being provided but there are also prior discussions for many scores offered out there.  Even with FICO there is not just one FICO model (see also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies) and creditors do not all offer scores based on the same FICO model or even a FICO in all cases.  Discover and Barclay provide TU 8.  CO provides the Trans Union New Account.  Not all models are even on the same point scale -- including some FICO's such as the ones I mention below.

Some creditors not mentioned above:

• Citi provides an EQ FICO 8 Bankcard
  • FNBO provides an EX FICO 8 Bankcard
  • PenFed provides EQ FICO NextGen
  • US Bank is now providing TU VantageScore 3.0
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.