cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any free sites that will give you credit scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any free sites that will give you credit scores?

I just realized that Credit Karma uses Vantage scores and not FICO. Although CK is good for credit reports, the credit score from Vantage isn't what I need. I need FICO. I currently have subscription to my FICO credit scores, but I need to know my fiance's scores. :/

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are there any free sites that will give you credit scores?

creditchecktotal gives you fico - 7 days for $1. Ive been using them for a few months, re-upping on the $1 deal about 6 times.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are they easy to cancel with?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, cancel within 7 days, actually they give you up to 10 days.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just realized that Credit Karma uses Vantage scores and not FICO. Although CK is good for credit reports, the credit score from Vantage isn't what I need. I need FICO. I currently have subscription to my FICO credit scores, but I need to know my fiance's scores. :/

A number of different CC issuers now provide a FICO score on their account management page. Barclays, Walmart, Discover....

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have none of those cards. The score I receive from Capital One is almost 30 points lower than what I was advised in a denial letter.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have none of those cards. The score I receive from Capital One is almost 30 points lower than what I was advised in a denial letter.

The score from Capital One's credit tracker is not a FICO.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zumroff wrote:

creditchecktotal gives you fico - 7 days for $1. Ive been using them for a few months, re-upping on the $1 deal about 6 times.

If you call to cancel they should offer you the service for 14.97 per month.  That will  give you daily updates on EX and you can update TU and EQ 3x a month.  

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and signed up for the trial and while my scores are low, they aren't as low as I thought. 635 Experian 618 Equifax and 610 Transunion. I have some work to do obviously, but I'm encouraged.

Incidentally, how accurate do you think their score predictor is? It's saying with on time payments, I could jump 35 points in 6 months.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@zumroff wrote:

If you call to cancel they should offer you the service for 14.97 per month.  That will  give you daily updates on EX and you can update TU and EQ 3x a month.  

Thanks for the info though, this was truly helpful and gives me a good picture of what I need to do!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.