cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these hints that my credit score has went up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are these hints that my credit score has went up?

I am not due to pull my score till Sept 15th.  I want everything to post and all items that I got removed, to be removed completely.  I also lowered my Util about 50% to a total of 25%.  I still have work to do there.  The weird thing is I started getting these offers in the mail for credit.  Way more than usual? Almost everyday.  Is this a sign that I will be more than delighted on September 15th.  Yesterday I had to get a new cell phone.  I was prepared to pay a deposit.  (6 months ago I tried to get a new cell phone, but to my disgrace, I had to pay a $750 deposit.  That is why I still have my old phone.)  So today I called hoping that my deposit would be reduced at least in half.  Surprise  NO deposit?  So I am hoping that in September, I will be delighted to find that my credit had indeed 'Jumped' up. 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are these hints that my credit score has went up?

Any postive steps you take on trying to pick up your score are good steps, and yes, they will ultimately get you where you want to be.  You're lowering your utilities, which is a big deal.  Your FICO score is heavily impacted by your utilizations, so good job there!

Now it's a little iffy to depend on those "mail offers."  Most people will tell you that that is just direct marketing and they got your name somehow and want you to apply.  At this point, they really have no clue as to what your score is or who you are.  I remember how excited I was when I received one of those for Discover card about 2 years ago.  I went and applied, and was D-E-N-I-E-D....instantly!  LOL! That's when I learned my lesson that you have to do your homework and find what the CCC's want from you!  For example, I checked a thread that was entitled "Bankrupt Friendly Credit Cards" in the Credit Card forum, and found out about a couple of cards like who they pull from, and what scores are needed.  I have never had a BK, but thought that I could have a shot at a couple, and to my surprise I got approved on the Carnival Sea Miles and Hooters Card. 

You sound like me when it comes to holding off to see if you will be rewarded for all the hard work you've put towards building your credit!  I hope when you go check it on September 15, you will see those scores go through the roof!  Although I am so far from being a credit expert, my advice is to do your research on credit cards and then you choose who has the priviledge of offering YOU credit and getting your business! GOOD LUCK!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.