Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrow in violation, please advise

tag
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Arrow in violation, please advise

I dv'd Arrow on 10/23/07, they signed for it on 10/26 and responded to me on 10/29 saying: "We have received your request for validation regarding the above referenced account.  Pursuant to the FDCPA, we must mail verification of this debt to you before we take any further steps to collect this debt. Thus, if we choose to engage in further collection activity, we will first mail to you at the avove adress verification of this debt.".

I have not heard anything back from them since this time. Now this debt has shown up on my cr with a report date of 12/1/07.  On Equifax, it has "consumer disputes this debt" in the comments. I did not dispute anything with the cra's so I guess Arrow told them I disputed with them. However, they failed to say they did not validate.  So I guess the fight is on!

I know I need to send a copy of all this to the cra and ask them to remove it but am wondering should I contact Arrow first? If so, I'd appreciate some samples of what I might say to them. If you think I should go directly to the cra's, what should I say in that letter.

Thanks!
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Arrow in violation, please advise

Well do you want money out of them or just want it removed?
Message 2 of 8
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Timothy wrote:
Well do you want money out of them or just want it removed?

No, I'm not concerned with getting money out of them at this point. I just want it off my reports. However, if they continue to violate, my ideas might change Smiley Mad.

I'd appreciate your advice!
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 3 of 8
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Hey Timothy! Where are you? I was hoping you'd have some advice for me Smiley Happy!  I want to get something done quickly before it's too late. 

Thanks alot!
creditgirl
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully one of our CA experts will help me-
This is almost identical to a letter I sent to a CA after they updated a report after I sent a DV request and they deleted.

Dispute the account w/ CRA
Fax the dispute w/ copy of Green card-

Send CA a letter

Per § 809. Validation of debts [15 USC 1692g] you have not validated this debt and MUST cease collection activities. I demand you cease collection activities including reporting on any consumer report.

The recent update(s) to the credit reporting agencies after being in receipt of my dispute of the validity of this debt is an FDCPA violation.

Your organization has a documented history of FDCPA violations I will seek the further advice of an attorney if this reporting is not removed within 48 hours of receipt of this letter.

I am still disputing the validity of this debt.
Message 5 of 8
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I like it.   They hate the whole violations
Message 6 of 8
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Thanks Timothy! I will be sending this letter out tomorrow morning.  Hopefully, things will go smoothly.  I'll keep you posted.

Timothy wrote:
Hopefully one of our CA experts will help me-
This is almost identical to a letter I sent to a CA after they updated a report after I sent a DV request and they deleted.

Dispute the account w/ CRA
Fax the dispute w/ copy of Green card-

Send CA a letter

Per § 809. Validation of debts [15 USC 1692g] you have not validated this debt and MUST cease collection activities. I demand you cease collection activities including reporting on any consumer report.

The recent update(s) to the credit reporting agencies after being in receipt of my dispute of the validity of this debt is an FDCPA violation.

Your organization has a documented history of FDCPA violations I will seek the further advice of an attorney if this reporting is not removed within 48 hours of receipt of this letter.

I am still disputing the validity of this debt.

FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just make sure you include the punctuation I missed.
I hate periods and commas.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.