cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As I stated in another thread, I am new here and I filed...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I stated in another thread, I am new here and I filed...

As I stated in another thread, I am new here and I filed Ch 7 BK in May of 2001.   Right around the time of my BK, I had a few accounts that went past due including one which is being reported as 120 days overdue.  My FICO scores now are Equifax 699, Transunion 700 and Experian 701.

I reaiize that my actual BK will stay on my CR for 10 yeaqrs, but what about the accounts showing late payments? Will they drop off after 7 years, or do they hang around for 10 years because of being included in the BK?  I guess that same question applies to accounts that were closed by the BK and show as included in Ch 7 BK.  Do they drop off after 7 years or hang around for 10. 

One account that I have was for a car which had a couple of late payments at the time of the BK, but the car was not included in the BK and was paid off in full (when I traded it in) in Nov of 2004.  That company is showing a 30 days late in Aug of 2004.  I was not late in Aug of 2004 but I was late in Aug 2001. I have disputed it but don't know if it will be dropped or not. I think it is a typo that was enterred as 2004 instead of 2001.Is it worth chasing down if they refuse to change it?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: As I stated in another thread, I am new here and I filed...

I don't know if you can cut and paste here but this might help. I was in a similar situation to you. http://www.tenvoordeford.com/credit/page13.html
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: As I stated in another thread, I am new here and I filed...

I checked that link out, and that is some really good information to have, but it didn't exactly pinpoint the type of answer I am looking for. I know that regular overdue payment notes go away after 7 years (thats next year for me) and I know that the BK itself will be in the Public Records portion of the CR for 10 years. I can accept all that. The biggest problem is a 2nd mortgage loan that I defaulted on when the ex left and I couldn't pay it myself. That debt was included in my BK but it has the following comments. Current Status: 120+ Past Due, Past Due Amount : Not on Record. Seven year payment history - 30 days late 0 times, 60 days late 1 time, 90+ days late 6 times (Jan 2002, Nov 2001, Oct 2001)  Descriptions: Account transferred or sold.   So I wonder if something like that will drop off after 7 years?  That one really ticks me off and I don't exactly know what to do about it. Notice that my BK was discharged in May 2001, but they kept hitting my credit report through Oct and Nov 2001 and again Jan 2002.  BTW, the balance on the account is $0.  Any thoughts?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.