cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As of April 11, all of my credit cards will be paid off or within 10% of being paid off

tag
tavalon
Established Member

As of April 11, all of my credit cards will be paid off or within 10% of being paid off

Prior to my working extra to get these debts off of my back, my score was 705 and dropped to 691 for a couple of hard credit checks and for who knows? Anyway, it seems most of the reporting goes on at the middle to late month. Assuming I'm right, would anyone care to venture a guess how this might affect my FICO score (I have three credit cards, one with $3000 limit, one with $2000 limit and one with $500 that I'm using for points and paying off almost before I incur anything.). I'm currently also have an open case on a collection bill that I don't believe is mine. I started that about 2 weeks ago and have no idea how long that takes! But, as that was my only ding on my credit report besides high usage of credit, it seems I should see a bounce. I have a Disney card in my sights but I think I shall garden a while first.

If you see it otherwise, I would like to know what your thoughts are.

Funny thing, I decided to slam these unexpected credit uses so I could look into getting a good deal on a Prius. Now it looks like Toyota isn't all that picky. Whatever, I wanted it done.

Terri

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: As of April 11, all of my credit cards will be paid off or within 10% of being paid off

@tavalon wrote:

Prior to my working extra to get these debts off of my back, my score was 705 and dropped to 691 for a couple of hard credit checks and for who knows? Anyway, it seems most of the reporting goes on at the middle to late month. Assuming I'm right, would anyone care to venture a guess how this might affect my FICO score (I have three credit cards, one with $3000 limit, one with $2000 limit and one with $500 that I'm using for points and paying off almost before I incur anything.). I'm currently also have an open case on a collection bill that I don't believe is mine. I started that about 2 weeks ago and have no idea how long that takes! But, as that was my only ding on my credit report besides high usage of credit, it seems I should see a bounce. I have a Disney card in my sights but I think I shall garden a while first.

If you see it otherwise, I would like to know what your thoughts are.

Funny thing, I decided to slam these unexpected credit uses so I could look into getting a good deal on a Prius. Now it looks like Toyota isn't all that picky. Whatever, I wanted it done.

Terri

It's hard to know how many points you'll gain without seeing your current utilization, but I'd expect a decent FICO score bump.   If you're looking to optimize then you should leave a smallish balance ( <9% ) on one card and let the other cards report zero.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.