cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance mis-reporting? or is Equifax?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asset Acceptance mis-reporting? or is Equifax?

I'm looking at my account list from the myfico site and it has Asset Acceptance Corp as an open account listed on my credit report.  It is also listed at 120+ days past due and obviously hurting my score.  It shows no money due at this time.

This was from a citibank account that was turned over to collections years ago.  I paid off the balance not knowing any different 2 years ago.  However, citibank is not listed anywhere on the credit report.

My question is that this is being listed as an open and delinquent account and not under the collection account tab, so is it a mistake by equifax or by asset acceptance mis-reporting?  Who should i contact and how should i go about fixing this?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Message Edited by wongbata on 10-16-2007 12:59 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Assest Acceptance mis-reporting? or is Equifax?

Welcome to the FICO Forums!  I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.  Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

Fused

Message 2 of 5
cec2417
Established Member

Re: Asset Acceptance mis-reporting? or is Equifax?

I have the same problem with Equifax and Asset Acceptance.  I have disputed twice now and both times it comes back verified as a collection account but it is still listed under my open accounts as no money owed and 120 days late.  I don't know exactly how it affects your score but I can tell you that my Equifax is my lowest reporting score and everything else on my reports is pretty much the same.  Hopefully someone more experienced with this stuff can shed some light. 
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

perhaps if we try to keep this at the top, someone will come along w/ the knowledge we seek.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

c'mon cec, help keep this @ the top so someone will grant us the wisdom
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.