Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asset Acceptance

I recently had an old credit card account, that was sent to collections it 2002, get bought by Asset Acceptance.Smiley Sad  My question is, stupid me did not ask for validation on this account when they first sent me a letter and now it has been 30 days.  Can I still send a letter of  validation to them even though it has been 30+ days since first contact?

Thanks for any advise
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Asset Acceptance

You can still DV
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tuscani
       Do you think it is wise to DV?  This account is a sleeping giant, DOLA March 2002, Date closed December 2001.  Asset has been calling and I recently recieved a letter stating that they wanted to set up payment arrangements by phone, mail, or online. 

Thanks
newjbw 
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Tuscani
Do you think it is wise to DV? This account is a sleeping giant, DOLA March 2002, Date closed December 2001. Asset has been calling and I recently recieved a letter stating that they wanted to set up payment arrangements by phone, mail, or online.
Thanks
newjbw

What is your state's SOL? If you are outside of the SOL I would DV and then dispute with each CRA reporting it. If you are within SOL then it depends if you want to pay it or not.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

newjbw wrote:
I recently had an old credit card account, that was sent to collections it 2002, get bought by Asset Acceptance.Smiley Sad  My question is, stupid me did not ask for validation on this account when they first sent me a letter and now it has been 30 days.  Can I still send a letter of  validation to them even though it has been 30+ days since first contact?

Thanks for any advise

IF the account was closed for non payment in 2001...the DOFD should be before close date......The date sold in 2002 doesn't come into play.

Find out what DOFD date is.  this is what SOL & CRTP goes by!

If past SOL...DV  CMRRR  and in letter tell them for validation you want complete documentation including SIGNITURE and complete account history...........DO NOT SIGN IY....type everything!!!!

NEVER TALK ON PHONE!!  In your DV  tell them no phone calls everything in writting!

Im gussing that you might be past SOL or close if they are offering to settle for less.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-26-2007 03:53 PM
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I go to find out the DOFD?  I believe I remember reading somewhere that I can contact the CRA, but I am not sure.    This one took a big chunk out of my FICO score -15 points.  Thanks for all and any help.

newjbw
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays
Thanks for the link,  it is much appreciated!Smiley Happy

newjbw
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.