Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audi Financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Audi Financing

Anyone familiar with Audi financing? My wife (me too) need a new car. We share one, its getting old and starting to have problems.

I have been working so hard on this dam FICO stuff, but I don't think 680 is going to get me into a lease. Anyone? What would it do to my scores?

TBR
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Audi Financing

According to WhoGaveMeCredit.com, your score is in the range for a lease.  There is something called an auto FICO score which dealers may use.  Some eople here suggest that you take your CR down to say a CU and ask them to see if your report is within the range that they would approve before actually applying.

Try the online approval and see what happens.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talked to the dealer. They use TransUnion, not the Auto Enhanced score. I did read the WhoGaveMeCredit, and I see some 675+ getting credit with them. The dealer said "700 no problem", I guess I'm just worried about getting rejected. I don't want more negatives.

TBR
Message 3 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

The effect of applying for new credit is the same whether they give it to you or not.  Depending on the number hard pulls you have and your CR, it may not affect your score at all.

It wont be a ding on your report if they don'tr give you credit,
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have two inquires on my reports right now. I did think that if you apply and didn't get the credit it would effect the score.

TBR
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

An inq is an inq, win or lose. It still counts. But if you don't get approved (for whatever it was, loan, CC, etc.), then you won't have new credit re-aging your average age to be younger, which also lowers your scores. This would be the silver lining of being denied for something! Smiley Tongue

Do you have any balances reporting on any CC's? You might be able to get a quick (as in within 30 days) score bump by paying off every CC except one, and having that one report less than 10%. If you do this, make sure that you pay before the statement drops. That is the date on which most CCC's report.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
future
Frequent Contributor

i have a Audi,  they are kinda of strict , are you planing on leasing or financing?  my scores when i got my Audi was kinda of similar to yours, might of even been a little bit lower.  i was previously offered a different  brand car that i qualified for on my own, with Audi i had to get a co-signer. ( they were both brand new car, just different co) I'm in NY.  good luck with everything keep us posted
Message 7 of 8
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

you should try capital one's blank check auto loan. i know from experience that audi is very strict and begin reposession talk after you account goes over 30 days late. 

surely, you should  never be late. but it seems like a bit much to me.

Message Edited by CreditDrama85 on 12-17-2007 12:47 PM

Message Edited by CreditDrama85 on 12-17-2007 12:48 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.