Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autherized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Autherized user

How do you become an autherized user? Whats the process other than paying an stranger over the internet.I have parents with good credit.And I would like to purchase an home next year and the extra pionts would help.I currently have an score of 680
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Autherized user

jwhite0282 wrote:
How do you become an autherized user? Whats the process other than paying an stranger over the internet.I have parents with good credit.And I would like to purchase an home next year and the extra pionts would help.I currently have an score of 680

Hi and Welcome to myfico forums. I would never, ever give away my personal info and pay a stranger for an AU trade line. Do you know your FICO scores? Are your parents willing to help you? Do you have an established relationship with a bank or a credit union? If yes, you could try either of them.
Message 2 of 6
jackg
Established Contributor

DITTO
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

What they said
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If your parents are willing to help, don't accept a card. The point of this is to get some help on your credit history, not to access their credit.

But in fact for young people, it's surprisingly easy to build up credit fast on your own, if you haven't messed up your history already. You generally have to get something like a CC from a credit union, or a secured card, for six months or so, and then the scores start climbing.

It's old geezers like me that have a hard time getting the scores to climb --too much history!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

jwhite0282 wrote:

Get on your folk's cards ASAP... FICO08 is eliminating AU accounts from factoring into scores 'soon'.
Make use of it fast if once that boosts your scores you can do more permanent things to take advantage of it before you lose it.  If your parents are also open to it, you can apply so that they can put you on a joint account.

Make sure whatever accounts you are put on are as old as possible with as few derogs as possible.  High CL and a good UTI.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.