Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized Users

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized Users

How many accounts should I make him an authorized user on? 

I Googled the subject "Authorized User" and came across this article. http://www.bcsalliance.com/z_authorizedusers.html   Now I am really confused!  There are drawbacks to listing someone as an authorized user on your account without them knowing.  Case in point, the mother in this article who put her children on her credit and the mother died.  My husband definitely won't pay my bills if I were to die if he doesn't have to.  I know he would pay them if I wasn't able to because of illness, because he's that kind of great guy. 

Not telling him may not be the best idea.

SandyK

Message Edited by sankofa on 05-28-2007 09:51 AM
Message 11 of 13
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

sankofa wrote:

How many accounts should I make him an authorized user on? 

I Googled the subject "Authorized User" and came across this article. http://www.bcsalliance.com/z_authorizedusers.html   Now I am really confused!  There are drawbacks to listing someone as an authorized user on your account without them knowing.  Case in point, the mother in this article who put her children on her credit and the mother died.  My husband definitely won't pay my bills if I were to die if he doesn't have to.  I know he would pay them if I wasn't able to because of illness, because he's that kind of great guy. 

Not telling him may not be the best idea.

SandyK

Message Edited by sankofa on 05-28-2007 09:51 AM

This article is highly flawed. They are confusing AU to a joint account holder. An AU is NEVER responsible for the debt.. assuming the primary account holder died you would simply dispute the account as "not mine".  The account gets deleted (because the account truely is not yours), end of story.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani,

Thanks for the info!

SandyK
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.