Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized user accounts

Well, I thought this was going to be my saving grace! My mom added me as an authorized user on her Chase credit card...however after finding out they do NOT report AU information to the CRA's I am in the same boat! Is there certain companies that do this, and some that don't? I am so confused. I know it will be over as of Sept. but we want to refi really quick and I don't care if its there in sept.

Thanks for any advice.

Donna
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized user accounts

swingsetfun wrote:
Well, I thought this was going to be my saving grace! My mom added me as an authorized user on her Chase credit card...however after finding out they do NOT report AU information to the CRA's I am in the same boat! Is there certain companies that do this, and some that don't? I am so confused. I know it will be over as of Sept. but we want to refi really quick and I don't care if its there in sept.

Thanks for any advice.

Donna

Amex reports AU TLs to the CRAs.
Message 2 of 17
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

I believe Chase will report but you need to request paperwork for it to submit the SSN etc.  I'm not sure if they then consider it a joint account at that point or not... last time I spoke with them about it in any serious detail they were still BankOne or something. 

I don't believe they wanted anything other than SSN, so it couldn't have been a joint acct.  Have your mother call.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an authorized user on four Chase accounts, and they all report.
Message 4 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Juniper(Barclay's) and Chase both have my DW as an AU listed on her CRs
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't give up... simply call Chase customer service and ask to speak with a manager, and put on a little bit of a "friendly buy frustrated" tone of voice. I was facing the same problem until I spoke with the right person. Tell them you accepted being added as an AU on this account specifically BECAUSE Chase reports AU info to the bureaus, and that you expect it to be done in your case. Be prepared to give them your social security number and date of birth, along with any other info they need, and then ask them to expidite the data to all three bureaus using their electronic system.

You CAN get it done, you just gotta "get a little pushy" but remember to stay friendly about it all. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Message 6 of 17
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

CreditHawk wrote:
Don't give up... simply call Chase customer service and ask to speak with a manager, and put on a little bit of a "friendly buy frustrated" tone of voice. I was facing the same problem until I spoke with the right person. Tell them you accepted being added as an AU on this account specifically BECAUSE Chase reports AU info to the bureaus, and that you expect it to be done in your case. Be prepared to give them your social security number and date of birth, along with any other info they need, and then ask them to expidite the data to all three bureaus using their electronic system.

You CAN get it done, you just gotta "get a little pushy" but remember to stay friendly about it all. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I've got good news ...well at least in my opinion.... Chase customer service is top notch and they know their stuff.  They won't talk to her though, just the account holder.  They're happy to add the info but thankfully don't do it automatically so that people like myself can have an AU without sharing credit.  I luv Chase.  So far...     Smiley Wink
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, since I didn't get very far with Chase we decided to open an account with AMEX and did in online and I was able to add myself and my husband to her account and it asked for SS#'s on us so I assume they will report it. (I Hope anyway)  We got approved in seconds for $26,000! (OMG, if only my credit was that good!!!) So at least this will show some available credit for me. That is my biggest problem right now is that I have NO credit available. I don't owe anything, but all of my accounts are closed. (stupid, I know) we went thought CCCS.  I hope this works!

thanks for the info!!!

Donna
Message 8 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

swingsetfun wrote:
Well, since I didn't get very far with Chase we decided to open an account with AMEX and did in online and I was able to add myself and my husband to her account and it asked for SS#'s on us so I assume they will report it. (I Hope anyway)  We got approved in seconds for $26,000! (OMG, if only my credit was that good!!!) So at least this will show some available credit for me. That is my biggest problem right now is that I have NO credit available. I don't owe anything, but all of my accounts are closed. (stupid, I know) we went thought CCCS.  I hope this works!

thanks for the info!!!

Donna

Very Nice CL! Which Amex card?
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was the Amex Blue
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.