Re: Authorized user accounts

swingsetfun wrote:
It was the Amex Blue

Congrats! It's a great CC.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so how long do you think it will take to show up on my credit reports? Does anyone know when AMex reports?
Message 12 of 17
tex2step

You need to give it at least 30 days. You'll probably show that they checked your credit quicker than they report to the credit bureau.

My roommate put me as an authorized user on his account incase something happened to the house while he was away. I didn't realize that it would help my credit.. it did raise it by about 20 points or so. He's had that card for over 10 years. I just heard though, that within a year, 'piggy-backing' like this will no longer have any effect on your credit score. Credit repair companies used to pay people with good credit to sign someone with bad credit on as an AU to help raise their credit scores. Credit Bureau's found out and are going to phase that out in the coming year(s).  So do your best to try and get your own and fix your credit. Otherwise,  you'll end up in the situation in a year or so!
Good luck!! 

Message 13 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

swingsetfun wrote:
OK, so how long do you think it will take to show up on my credit reports? Does anyone know when AMex reports?

I was hoping you wouldn't ask this question.  My blue card reported on EQ and TU about six weeks after activation. It has never reported on EX. I have been fighting with Amex and EX, mostly the latter with no resolution. EX keeps passing the buck to Amex. 

My Gold reports to all three, EX and TU within 3 weeks of activation and EQ a month later. I am curious, do you know all three of your FICO scores?
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

587, 595, 632   These are my 3 scores. 
Tu,   Eq   Ex.
Message 15 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

swingsetfun wrote:
587, 595, 632   These are my 3 scores. 
Tu,   Eq   Ex.

If you want to have your own CCs, lets try and raise your scores. First read Tuscani's credit scoring 101 thread if you haven't already.

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-05-2007 03:48 PM
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an AU on my husbands Chase card. Initially they said they did not report AU's to the CRA's. However, 3 months after having the card, the TL is showing on my credit files. You may have the same thing happen to you.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.