Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎07-05-2007
0

Authorized user accounts

Well, I thought this was going to be my saving grace! My mom added me as an authorized user on her Chase credit card...however after finding out they do NOT report AU information to the CRA's I am in the same boat! Is there certain companies that do this, and some that don't? I am so confused. I know it will be over as of Sept. but we want to refi really quick and I don't care if its there in sept.
 
Thanks for any advice.

Donna
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 16,373
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: Authorized user accounts



swingsetfun wrote:
Well, I thought this was going to be my saving grace! My mom added me as an authorized user on her Chase credit card...however after finding out they do NOT report AU information to the CRA's I am in the same boat! Is there certain companies that do this, and some that don't? I am so confused. I know it will be over as of Sept. but we want to refi really quick and I don't care if its there in sept.
 
Thanks for any advice.

Donna


Amex reports AU TLs to the CRAs.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,010
Registered: ‎07-01-2007
0

Re: Authorized user accounts

I believe Chase will report but you need to request paperwork for it to submit the SSN etc.  I'm not sure if they then consider it a joint account at that point or not... last time I spoke with them about it in any serious detail they were still BankOne or something. 
 
I don't believe they wanted anything other than SSN, so it couldn't have been a joint acct.  Have your mother call.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Regular Contributor
Posts: 109
Registered: ‎06-13-2007
0

Re: Authorized user accounts

I am an authorized user on four Chase accounts, and they all report.
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,172
Registered: ‎03-25-2007
0

Re: Authorized user accounts

Juniper(Barclay's) and Chase both have my DW as an AU listed on her CRs
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Regular Contributor
Posts: 197
Registered: ‎06-08-2007
0

Re: Authorized user accounts

Don't give up... simply call Chase customer service and ask to speak with a manager, and put on a little bit of a "friendly buy frustrated" tone of voice. I was facing the same problem until I spoke with the right person. Tell them you accepted being added as an AU on this account specifically BECAUSE Chase reports AU info to the bureaus, and that you expect it to be done in your case. Be prepared to give them your social security number and date of birth, along with any other info they need, and then ask them to expidite the data to all three bureaus using their electronic system.

You CAN get it done, you just gotta "get a little pushy" but remember to stay friendly about it all. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,010
Registered: ‎07-01-2007
0

Re: Authorized user accounts



CreditHawk wrote:
Don't give up... simply call Chase customer service and ask to speak with a manager, and put on a little bit of a "friendly buy frustrated" tone of voice. I was facing the same problem until I spoke with the right person. Tell them you accepted being added as an AU on this account specifically BECAUSE Chase reports AU info to the bureaus, and that you expect it to be done in your case. Be prepared to give them your social security number and date of birth, along with any other info they need, and then ask them to expidite the data to all three bureaus using their electronic system.

You CAN get it done, you just gotta "get a little pushy" but remember to stay friendly about it all. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I've got good news ...well at least in my opinion.... Chase customer service is top notch and they know their stuff.  They won't talk to her though, just the account holder.  They're happy to add the info but thankfully don't do it automatically so that people like myself can have an AU without sharing credit.  I luv Chase.  So far...     :smileywink:
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Valued Member
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎07-05-2007
0

Re: Authorized user accounts

Well, since I didn't get very far with Chase we decided to open an account with AMEX and did in online and I was able to add myself and my husband to her account and it asked for SS#'s on us so I assume they will report it. (I Hope anyway)  We got approved in seconds for $26,000! (OMG, if only my credit was that good!!!) So at least this will show some available credit for me. That is my biggest problem right now is that I have NO credit available. I don't owe anything, but all of my accounts are closed. (stupid, I know) we went thought CCCS.  I hope this works!
 
thanks for the info!!!

Donna
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 16,373
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: Authorized user accounts



swingsetfun wrote:
Well, since I didn't get very far with Chase we decided to open an account with AMEX and did in online and I was able to add myself and my husband to her account and it asked for SS#'s on us so I assume they will report it. (I Hope anyway)  We got approved in seconds for $26,000! (OMG, if only my credit was that good!!!) So at least this will show some available credit for me. That is my biggest problem right now is that I have NO credit available. I don't owe anything, but all of my accounts are closed. (stupid, I know) we went thought CCCS.  I hope this works!
 
thanks for the info!!!

Donna


Very Nice CL! Which Amex card?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Valued Member
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎07-05-2007
0

Re: Authorized user accounts

It was the Amex Blue

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.