Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized user issue

I had a Wamu/Providian CC that was purchased by SST/CB&T in March.    My wife was listed as an authorized user on the account.   Since the transfer the account under SST now longer shows up on any of my wife's 3 bureaus.  I called SST and they said they have her info/SSN as an AU and have been transmitting data and that I should try disputing with the 3 bureaus.      What do you all think I should do to get the info reporting again?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized user issue

flyers wrote:
I had a Wamu/Providian CC that was purchased by SST/CB&T in March.    My wife was listed as an authorized user on the account.   Since the transfer the account under SST now longer shows up on any of my wife's 3 bureaus.  I called SST and they said they have her info/SSN as an AU and have been transmitting data and that I should try disputing with the 3 bureaus.      What do you all think I should do to get the info reporting again?

Sounds like SST is trying to make you run in circles. The CRAs can't (or aren't supposed to) manufacture TL reporting. Either the OC reports or they don't.

If the account is in good standing with a good history, call SST and tell them you'd like the account converted to a joint cardholder account. Come September, AU reporting becomes all but worthless. If they want to close the account and reopen a new joint account, don't let them. Be polite but firm. You'd like the account converted to joint status, or you'll have to stop around for better terms.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:

flyers wrote:

Sounds like SST is trying to make you run in circles. The CRAs can't (or aren't supposed to) manufacture TL reporting. Either the OC reports or they don't.

If the account is in good standing with a good history, call SST and tell them you'd like the account converted to a joint cardholder account. Come September, AU reporting becomes all but worthless. If they want to close the account and reopen a new joint account, don't let them. Be polite but firm. You'd like the account converted to joint status, or you'll have to stop around for better terms.

I don't want to take a chance that they close out the account if I push to make it a joint.   We are applying for our mortgage in 3 weeks.  My wifes scores are 703, 702, 693.    I know getting that line reporting again could possibly bump her up 20 pts into 720 range.(Experian dinged her 19)  Do you think calling all 3 CRA's is a waste of time?  Or should I just leave things as is since so close to application time?    I am by far the larger income but she has the better scores.

Message Edited by flyers on 06-16-2007 09:10 AM
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani or any other guru's with their idea to do?
Message 4 of 13
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Don't apply for anything until you close on your mortgage.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-16-2007 04:23 PM
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely don't want to apply for anything new.   I just want my wife's CRAs to correctly put back my CC account since she has been an AU on it since 01/06.     SST/CB&T  keeps saying they are sending the info and it is all three CRA's issue why it is not reporting.
Message 6 of 13
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Please note the comment by the big boss himself:

• There is often a delay of 30-60 days in the reporting of updated trade line, collection, and public record information from the source of the information to Equifax.
    • I assume this could be true of EX and Tu as well

I know some of my changes took a long time to hit

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
      And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
      But to find a graceful way of staying slid
      Message 7 of 13
      Anonymous
      Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:
      Please note the comment by the big boss himself:

• There is often a delay of 30-60 days in the reporting of updated trade line, collection, and public record information from the source of the information to Equifax.
        • I assume this could be true of EX and Tu as well

I know some of my changes took a long time to hit

I thought that could be possible but the information should up on my 3 CRAs within 1 month of Wamu selling the account to SST.  And that was back in March.   So why would my wifes not show after 120 days.
          Message 8 of 13
          Tuscani
          Moderator Emeritus

120 days is a bit long. I would call the CRAs if SST is saying they are reporting and it is not showing up. I am not sure what help they will provide though. Keep us updated.
          Message 9 of 13
          Anonymous
          Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
          120 days is a bit long. I would call the CRAs if SST is saying they are reporting and it is not showing up. I am not sure what help they will provide though. Keep us updated.

Do you know what are the best phone numbers to call for each CRA to ask about this issue?
          Message 10 of 13
          Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.