Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user on a credit card???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized user on a credit card???

Hi!

I have a question about being an authorized user on a credit card that does not have my name on it!  I just recently looked at my credit score and it shows that those revolving accounts are linked to my credit history even though I am not the one who is the account holder on the credit card, only an authorized signer!!! 

Is there anyway I can get it removed from my credit?!  Please help with any information.  This is really hurting my credit score even though I am not the one who owe the money, it is my ex!!!

PLEASE HELP!

Unlucky
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized user on a credit card???

icybleu7 wrote:
Hi!

I have a question about being an authorized user on a credit card that does not have my name on it!  I just recently looked at my credit score and it shows that those revolving accounts are linked to my credit history even though I am not the one who is the account holder on the credit card, only an authorized signer!!! 

Is there anyway I can get it removed from my credit?!  Please help with any information.  This is really hurting my credit score even though I am not the one who owe the money, it is my ex!!!

PLEASE HELP!

Unlucky

It sounds like he has some negatives reporting with these accounts and yes this will hurt your scores. If this is the case, I would dispute all of these bad AU accounts as not mine with the CRAs.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.