Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user question

tag
BBforever
Established Member

Re: Authorized user question

I just thought of a possible solution to this problem without having to make anymore calls to Chase (possibly): since my GF and I have different last names and addresses (making hard for CRA to link me as an AU). What if I change my "home" address on my current Capital One credit card to my GF's address, then they will report the new address to the CRA's. This will then provide a common address for the CRA's to link us quicker?? What you do think??
Message 11 of 16
pjsebastian87
Established Member

They link it through your birthday..The AU should appear in your CR right after the first billing cycle that you are added. That's about how long it took for my wife's AU under her dad CC to appear in her CR

Starting Score: EX:645 TU:612 EQ:578 as of JAN 2014
Current Score: EX:647 TU:612 EQ:598 as of FEB 2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
BBforever
Established Member

They said they didn't need my DOB or SSN. They (Chase) said they link by names and/addresses that's why I was posting this. You and your wife have the same addresses and last names.
Message 13 of 16
BBforever
Established Member

Sorry misread. I thought you said you added to your account.
Message 14 of 16
BBforever
Established Member

Anyhow, my GF kept trying to give them my DOB and/or SSN (se wanted to make sure we linked) and they (Chase) kept telling her they won't need it and that they link through names and address(es). But we have different name and address, so how will they link? If they didn't need my personal information? I can tell you, I have a very common name. That's why I was submitting my post about address on my CC...
Message 15 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@BBforever wrote:
Anyhow, my GF kept trying to give them my DOB and/or SSN (se wanted to make sure we linked) and they (Chase) kept telling her they won't need it and that they link through names and address(es). But we have different name and address, so how will they link? If they didn't need my personal information? I can tell you, I have a very common name. That's why I was submitting my post about address on my CC...

I would first see if it appears on your CR's before changing your file.  

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.