Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized user question

I just added my son to my Chase Amazon account, however, they didn’t require a ssn. Will this report on his credit reports even though his ssn wasn’t reported to Chase? Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Authorized user question

If your son lives at the same address, it should.

I’m an AU on my fiance’s CSP, it never asked for my social but it appears on my report.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 6
bondsandloan
Regular Contributor

Yes if both have the same address, it automatically picks it up and reports for the AU. Sometimes there are issues/kinks, especially with Equifax.
You can fax in your son's ssn card to Chase (just get the details from CSR) & get them to add. Then it will definitely report.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. I want to start out his credit on the right foot and figured being an au on a high limit card would help. He already has a college Discover ($1500), Cap One student card ($2500) and Uber ($2k) and his Fico is in the mid 700’s. He’s currently a college student and I want his credit to be great so he can apply for med school loans in the future and be approved.
Message 4 of 6
Jwagner
Valued Member

Yes, they will report.

I got both my teenage daughters added as AU’s to my Sapphire, so they’d have a card with their names in them and have an emergency funding source in case their Euros aren’t enough. They’re going to France for the summer to stay with family and Chase doesn’t have FTF on swipes. — but anyhow on the point, the cards will report to their files. As stated, being they live at the same address - the 3B will figure it out. I got the older teen a FR from NFCU as well, Navy asked for her SSN and explained it expedited the reporting process to her reports and would appear as if it were her own account (even though she’s only 15).
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousThanks guys. I want to start out his credit on the right foot and figured being an au on a high limit card would help. He already has a college Discover ($1500), Cap One student card ($2500) and Uber ($2k) and his Fico is in the mid 700’s. He’s currently a college student and I want his credit to be great so he can apply for med school loans in the future and be approved.

It sounds like he's already on his way to that without any AU help, as he's already got 3 revolvers in place and within a year could have a score touching 800 on his own with sound credit behavior.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.