Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Not on TU

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Auto Loan Not on TU

For the first time ever my Tu FICO has gone above 700, but, it is still nowhere near my other two scores. One of the things holding it back is that my auto loan is not known to TU. I called my credit union which holds the loan and asked if it could be reported to TU. I was told that they report only to Experian. Does anyone know a way that I can get the loan onto my TU report?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Auto Loan Not on TU

@kshurikawrote:
For the first time ever my Tu FICO has gone above 700, but, it is still nowhere near my other two scores. One of the things holding it back is that my auto loan is not known to TU. I called my credit union which holds the loan and asked if it could be reported to TU. I was told that they report only to Experian. Does anyone know a way that I can get the loan onto my TU report?

If the creditor is not a subscriber to a CRA then there isnt anyway its going to get on that report.

Message 2 of 6
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Well, I thought that was the case, too. But EQ has the loan, too, and it's my highest CRA score. It's only missing from TU.
Message 3 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@kshurikawrote:
Well, I thought that was the case, too. But EQ has the loan, too, and it's my highest CRA score. It's only missing from TU.

I had that problem with my previous car loan with a small local credit union, they only reported to EX & EQ but not TU. My TU Fico score would always have the "no recent installment loan" as a reason holding down my score. Nothing you can do, banks & credit unions have to pay for a subscription to the CRAs and yours & my previous one for whatever reason don't want to pay for a sub to Transunion. It might not even be the cost, I have a credit card with HSBC and they don't report to TU, I was told HSBC has issues with TU and won't use them.

If you're really bothered by this you might consider refinancing your loan, my current car loan is with DCU (Digital Credit Union) and they report to all 3 CRAs.

Message 4 of 6
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

My mortgage account does not report on EX, however it does report ot EQ and TU.  Almost everything else in my reports is the same.  My EX score is my lowest by far.

Message 5 of 6
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

The small local credit union that did my auto loan also does not report to TU. And yes, my TU socres are lower than the other two CRAs. 

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.