Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Pay or Manually

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto-Pay or Manually

So I set up some auto-pay's on a few of my accounts that I use regulary.

Problem I'm seeing is that, they don't say which day they will take funds from my account.

Example would be for Amazon/Walmart and CAP1 QS. Anyone know where I can edit it to put specific dates?

Any help appreciated.

Message 11 of 16
tufa4311
Established Contributor

I took a look at my CapOne Platinum account and it specifically notes: "Each month, automatic payments will be drawn on your Payment Due Date".

I suggest going back to the auto-pay set up page, take a look at the set-up that is there and see if there is a date already noted, if not, click edit and once in edit mode check to see if a date is attached. Lastly, just call and ask. By defualt is should be on your due date - any other date wouldn't make sense but still confirm.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you all consider as the best way for paying your cards? I set reminds and do them manually. Thinking about setting up Auto-Pay and setting reminders about them to mkae sure the moneys in my account.

What do you guys/gals do?

I get two paychecks monthly (I keep my financials on iBank software.) so I pay twice a month. I do my credit cards manually because I adjust my payments based on due date and accounts with zero interest that might carry a balance. I do pay my household bills such as lights, etc with auto pay so I don't have to worry about them. I guess each oof us has to find what works best for us.

Message 13 of 16
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I set up some auto-pay's on a few of my accounts that I use regulary.

Problem I'm seeing is that, they don't say which day they will take funds from my account.

Example would be for Amazon/Walmart and CAP1 QS. Anyone know where I can edit it to put specific dates?

Any help appreciated.

You sound like me.. I also check my accounts every day. So, the auto pay is just a safety net to ensure you never have a late payment. Most likely you will be paying it manually anyway and there will be no auto payment. I cant imagine the minimum payment will ever cause you to overdraft right?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I pay mine manually two or three times a month, depending on usage.  I am paid semi-monthly, so it's nice to make at least two payments each month.  It allows me to constantly keep my balance manageable and my utilization ratio under 10%.

I'm a bit obsessive with my finances, so I have a bookmark grouping of all credit cards, loans, utilities, etc.  I typically launch it every morning and check all balances and verify things are where they need to be while appyling payments as needed.  Obviously not everyone has this problem (or gift!), but I would recommend checking all your accounts weekly at a minimum.  I have four traditional credit cards, three store credit cards, a mortgage and two student loans along with the usual gas/electric/water/internet bills.  It takes me five minutes to run through them all.  I think most can spare five minutes a week to keep tabs on things.  

I do not employ the auto-pay back up, but I can see why some of you do.  Just use whatever method works best for you.

Message 15 of 16
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

I pay cc manually since I don't want to risk not having enough funds in bank account and having it bounce; for bills such as insurance etc I auto pay with cc sometimes since I know I will have enough credit, then pay off cc manually via bank transfer; I use google calendar to set bill due dates and repeat once a month etc; I don't usually auto pay directly from bank UNLESS there is some benefit such as reduce interest rate for a former student loan (paid off), if auto pay from bank directly; other than that... I like to control the payment date/time and amount...all manual.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.