Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto enhanced Score

tag
critterj7
Valued Member

Auto enhanced Score

I went to get a new car on friday and I was a little better armed with info from this forum. Any way my experian score on myfico was 625, my best score. I told the dealer to only pull that report not telling him my score. He came back and said everything looked okay. I asked him if i could see the report and score and he said sure. I looked the score and it showed a 710. I have always paid my car loans on time in the past ten years and have had about four car loans in that time. I thought this would be a good information on just how different the auto enhanced score can be.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Auto enhanced Score

Auto enhanced scores can range up to 900 I believe. Mortgages weigh more heavily into it than your regular standard FICO scores I believe. My dealer wouldn't let me look at mine.
Message 2 of 10
critterj7
Valued Member

he said that i just could not keep the report, silly i guess it is information about you so you should be able to see it at the least.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were able to tell them WHICH credit report to pull?

I'm curious to know, if you have ever had a repo on your credit and it has fallen off of your credit report after 7 years, does it still show up on the auto enhanced fico score?
Message 4 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

thatgrri3 wrote:
You were able to tell them WHICH credit report to pull?

I'm curious to know, if you have ever had a repo on your credit and it has fallen off of your credit report after 7 years, does it still show up on the auto enhanced fico score?

No. If it's gone it's gone. Auto scores still use the same reports, just a little different formula.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems strange then that I would have trouble getting an auto loan, unless, of course, it is because I have no auto credit history on file.  Is that why?  Is there any auto loan one can get online where they only use the auto enhanced fico score?
Message 6 of 10
critterj7
Valued Member

Actually I told them which scores to pull I told them Transunion and experian and theats what they did. Those are my highest scores
Message 7 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

thatgrri3 wrote:
It seems strange then that I would have trouble getting an auto loan, unless, of course, it is because I have no auto credit history on file.  Is that why?  Is there any auto loan one can get online where they only use the auto enhanced fico score?

YEP. You want people to use the classic beacon score (myFICO score), not auto enhanced since you have no auto history. You can call around dealers and ask which they use. Don't be surprised if they don't know what an auto enhanced score is. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
critterj7
Valued Member

These guys at this dealer had no idea what auto enhanced was, never even heard of it even though they were using it. They had to be since their scores were higher than what myfico was saying mine were and that I have good auto payment history
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I was taking a closer look at my credit reports and it does turn out that I actually have an auto loan (nearly ten years old) reported on my credit report.  I was listed as a cosignor and the account lists as ok.  I guess it is probably getting ready to fall off.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.