Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay

tag
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

AutoPay

Does anyone have AutoPay set up and been using it for a while? Im kinda paranoid about the "payments will be made on the due date" aspect. I usually make the minimum payment the day after it posts and have never missed a payment. I just dont want there to be a "technical" issue and have a neg on my file for the payment not going through on time.  

Any pos/ neg feedback would be greatly appreciated =) 

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: AutoPay

I use auto pay on my accounts simply as a backup for credit cards. I have selected make the minimum payment on the due date. I always go on line and pay more than minimum before the next statement date and before the due date on my own. But I like the protection of the auto pay. When I pay as I do then it becomes a zero due by the due date and there is no pull.

The exception to this had been Citi which pulled the minimum payment from my account no matter what prior payment was made. But I just got an e-mail from them that they are changing to the same practice as others. If the minimum has already been paid then no draw.

On the other side I have all my utility payments and cell phone set to auto pay and I just let them do it. I never log in to pay early and have never encountered a problem with a late payment or fee. If I did I would simply call them and point out the setup. I monitored each one for the first couple payments to make sure. Logged in to the accounts the day after due to see that the payment was made. Now I don't bother anymore as I see it come out of checking each month.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

That's a good plan HoldingOntoHope, though like you I've never had any trouble on any of my autopay accounts.  There's a first itme for everything though, and your strategy is a good defense mechanism regarding CC payments.  Thank you for posting it.

        
Message 3 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I do the same thing as holdingontohope
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am signed up for auto pay but only as a back up!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.