tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Avant loans

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

I've taken out a personal loan with Avant formerly Avant Credit. I live in Chicago and they are based here.

I've actually taken out 2 loans with them before. The last one was about 6 months ago, they offered to refinance my original loan which i took out in 2013 for 2,000 at 70% interest rate but I was in my last semester of grad school, was rebuilding and seriously needed 2,000 asap for school payment. So I did it. 

6 months ago I shouldnt have taken the bait, but I did. Their TU score for was outdated and was 698, approved at 36% percent interest for a rather large amount. But at least this time i didnt need to do anything, I just uploaded a bank statement and the next day was funded. 

Very very interesting that with your score you couldnt at least get a better rate. Makes me wonder if they even give anyone a lower rate than 36%. 

For comparison I took out a loan with Promise Financial in August at 6.2%. They also pull TU, and it was lower at 787.

Good morning Captool,

Has Promise reported to all 3 of your bureaus yet? It's only reporting to my EQ right now. I'm hoping this reports to all 3 and the other bureaus are just slow. 

Also only reporting to EQ for me so far. It also reports as "Student" which, at my age, is cracking me up. Smiley LOL

I can't seem to get a straight answer from Promise as to their reporting. Called in and "John" just kept telling me they only check TransUnion. I KNOW who they pull, I wanted to know who they REPORT to. LOL

Sent an email and this is the reply I received:

Hello,

We only credit report to TransUnion. For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

Promise Financial

Um, no you don't because you're reporting to Equifax. Ugh!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clearly whomever responded is confused. As of today, they still have only reported to Equifax for me. Honestly, though, it would not bother me a bit if they never reported to TU and EX. When they do, both scores will drop.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Clearly whomever responded is confused. As of today, they still have only reported to Equifax for me. Honestly, though, it would not bother me a bit if they never reported to TU and EX. When they do, both scores will drop.

Hi CAPTOOL, 

Just thought I'd update you. Received another response from Promise a moment ago.

"Hi JupiterMoon,

I hope you had a great weekend.

We currently only report to one bureau, however we’re in the process of establishing relationships with the others and hope to soon be reporting to all three.  I hope that answers your question!

Have a nice evening."

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense since they're a new company. Thanks for the update!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, this is weird. My Promise Financial loan just vanished from EQ, JupiterMoon, is yours still showing?

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, this is weird. My Promise Financial loan just vanished from EQ, JupiterMoon, is yours still showing?

Checked CK about 4 a.m. this morning and mine was gone too. I wasn't complaining though. LOL

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not complaining either. It was hurting my score. Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.