cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A Hawaiian Airlines Platinum Visa for mid 600s? You betcha!

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: B of A Hawaiian Airlines Platinum Visa for mid 600s? You betcha!

Neblett wrote:
Can someone provide a link to the application website?

Squee!

http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep getting invitations in the mail to apply since I am a HawaiianMiles member.  It's not necessarily a pre-approval, but since they keep sending it to me I think my chances of getting it are good.  Anyone know what the approval rate is for those that they send invitations to?  I am looking to transfer some balances of smaller limit cards as well but one of the things hurting my score is that the "length of time since last account opened is too recent".  Dare I open another?  I have been really good and have not opened anything since last October.  We are in the process of preparing to buy a home and I am concerned about a new account/inquiry dropping my score.  I am around 685 TU, 675 EQ, 660 EX. 

thanks.
Message 12 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

focused07 wrote:
I keep getting invitations in the mail to apply since I am a HawaiianMiles member.  It's not necessarily a pre-approval, but since they keep sending it to me I think my chances of getting it are good.  Anyone know what the approval rate is for those that they send invitations to?  I am looking to transfer some balances of smaller limit cards as well but one of the things hurting my score is that the "length of time since last account opened is too recent".  Dare I open another?  I have been really good and have not opened anything since last October.  We are in the process of preparing to buy a home and I am concerned about a new account/inquiry dropping my score.  I am around 685 TU, 675 EQ, 660 EX. 

thanks.

Wait until after you close on your home. You should be a shoe-in with your scores.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tuscani - that's what I thought.  It's taking all of my might to hang tight and not open new cards with lower apr's and get going on balance transfers.  I appreciate the advice.
Message 14 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

My pleasure. Keep us updated!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.